TruLuv Granola is an artisanal all-natural snacks company based out of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We are a dynamic female-led business started in 2016, that makes healthy snacks made with ingredients we aim to sustainably source from local smallholder farmers and that are crafted by Ethiopian women.
Our all-natural snack bars and bite size snacks are made with unique Ethiopian ingredients and flavors, like coffee, berbere, white honey and teff. TruLuv Granola contains no added sugar or artificial flavoring, and is sweetened only with Ethiopian honey.
We are at an exciting point as we start to grow our sales into Kenya, focusing initially on the Nairobi market.
As we embark on this journey, we are looking for a passionate, energetic self-starter to join our team in the part-time role of Kenya Marketing & Sales Executive. You will work directly with our CEO (based in Ethiopia) to take on the following responsibilities towards introducing and growing our brand and product presence in Kenya.
Playing the lead role for our organization in Kenya, you’ll be responsible for developing strong relationships with new customers. You’ll build trust. You’ll educate. You’ll help customers display merchandise more effectively or promote new lines. You’ll be at the front-end for promotional campaigns. You’ll understand our customers and help them to sell our products.
You will be the face of TruLuv in Kenya! You will be meeting with store owners, managers and distributors to promote and sell the TruLuv brand of products.
Note: this is a field-based role where you are responsible for traveling to various locations within Nairobi.
• Help to plan, develop and execute sales strategies
• Actively seek out and engage customer prospects
• Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
• Manage placed orders effectively
• Maintain excellent customer relationships by providing efficient, reliable, friendly and courteous service to all customers
• Answer clients’ questions about terms, quotes, services and availability
• Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of our products
• Identify sampling/sales opportunities
• Attend bazaars to display, sample and sell our products
• Visit retail customer outlets regularly (after official sales commence in Nairobi)
• Demonstrate and present products
• Support to improve retail product displays as needed
• Make suggestions to TruLuv management team on where display materials or improvements could be needed
• Identify where trainings are necessary for customer team on product knowledge & shoppers’ profile
• Present as part internal sales meetings
• Help to plan, develop and execute marketing strategies
• Collect market data, understanding market trends
• Create a social media calendar that includes product announcements, contests, crowd sourcing for responses, lead generation (CRM), company accolades, and advertisements, among other things
• Draft and post social media content for the company’s existing brands
• Manage social media presence; engage with consumers via comments/messages
• Research and develop marketing opportunities
• Gather insights for product development team on competition, pricing, new market entrants
• Maintain accurate records of retail visits
• Keep track of monthly expenses
• Manage a budget
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports, reviews and forecasts
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions recording details of inquiries and complaints, and comments as well as actions taken
• Obtain deposits and balance of payments from clients
Other: Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
TruLuv is offering an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and diverse team that is committed to developing a business that has a positive impact in the lives of its employees and community. The role is ideal for a recent graduate looking to grow quickly and gain experience in sales/marketing. The right person is self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple tasks and activities to support. We hope that this internship would lead to a full-time role with us.
• Recently obtained Bachelor’s Degree;
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Good oral, written, and communication/presentation skills;
• Strong organizational skills and time management;
• Strong work ethic;
• Creativity and ability to take initiative;
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
• Great internet and computer skills, including MS Office programs and conducting research online;
• Willingness to contribute ideas and feedback and provide suggestions;
• Self-motivated; proactive, seeks opportunities for self-improvement;
• Interest and curiosity about sales and marketing;
• Good knowledge of Nairobi market and the general trade retail landscape;
• Must have computer, smart phone and regular internet access for use in role;
• Ability to travel freely around Nairobi; and
• Alignment with TruLuv values: going above & beyond, being down-to-earth, valuing open communication and being compassionate.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply!
You’ll succeed in this role because…
…you’re tenacious and self-motivated, able to work independently. Entrepreneurial and proactive, you’ve proved you can create new opportunities to sell to customers. You listen carefully and know what it takes to influence others. You take responsibility for your own career and seek out opportunities to develop your skills. You love your customers, so naturally they trust you.
You’ll luv it because…
…you’ll get to make an impact. You’ll be responsible for your own projects - we can’t wait to listen to your ideas. The products you get out there will make people’s lives better. And our dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day.
How To Apply- Please send a cover letter explaining interest in the position (in particular, please answer the question: what excites you about working with the TruLuv brand/product), a one-page resume, and contact details for two references via Apply Now Button with “Kenya Marketing & Sales Executive” as the email subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
TruLuv Granola considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.