About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Quality Assurance and Training Supervisor will manage a team that monitors and evaluate how well agents handle client calls and requests and how well the agents follow call center procedures. You will report to the Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator. You will directly manage a team of assistants. Your responsibility will be broken down into Team and Performance Management and innovativeness.
- Manage Quality Assurance and training assistants
- Coordinate information sharing to the Customer engagement team to ensure that information is shared in a standardized manner to ensure that agents are empowered to answer questions.
- Management tasks; hold check-ins, coffee chats and Performance management with direct reports.
- Ensure that trainings, coaching and evaluation of agents is done.
Performance Management (70%)
- Establish a close-looped training process that addresses new content, system issues, updates and agent performance issues. Ensure that all staff are trained to handle all types of customer interactions, working with Reception and Outreach team leaders.
- Create a process to evaluate the assistants and ensure standardization of evaluation scores and metrics
- Provide weekly reports on agents to Reception and Follow-up Team Leaders and frequent feedback to agents about their performance
- Provide a process to promote two-way communication between agents and reviewers
- Is the gatekeeper for all the information that comes to CE from all the supporting teams in OAF
- Identify gaps in our case handling procedures and tools based on Quality Assurance evaluations and training feedback
- Handle one-off requests from QAT Coordinator and other departments for reports requests.
Staff management (10%)
- Manage the Quality Assurance and Training Assistant(s) through:
- Weekly check-ins to monitor workload and deliverables
- Provide relevant feedback on Key Performance Indicators, work products, and trainings
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Experience in Call Center Quality Assurance and Training procedures
- Have a background in Customer Service
- Have a diploma/degree in Quality Assurance or any related degree
- Have excellent skills in Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and database management
- Experience in executing training and creating training calendars
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya.
5 August 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.