As the Senior Administrative Supervisor, the candidate will lead operations in our Nairobi office and apartments to provide exceptional services and ensure they are beautiful, functional, and well-resourced.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About the Role
The Corporate Operations team is a department within the People Division tasked with making One Acre Fund an exceptional workplace for all employees and visitors. As the Senior Administrative Supervisor, you will lead operations in our Nairobi office and apartments to provide exceptional services and ensure they are beautiful, functional, and well-resourced. You will report to the Corporate Operations Specialist and manage 3 people.
- Manage the Nairobi office and apartments and ensure all living, social and working spaces are utilized in an organized and efficient manner.
- At the Nairobi office reception, serve as the first contact for our visitors, suppliers, customers, and employees when they enter the One Acre Fund Office.
- Supervise the Facility Services Officers and develop a performance culture through mentorship and professional development
- Collect and report all the relevant data for the Nairobi office and apartments.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of office management or related experience.
- 1+ years of demonstrated team management experience
- Success in implementing projects to success.
- Enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement.
- A high degree of ownership and the ability to propel improvements.
- Educational background; minimum Diploma
- English required; Kiswahili encouraged.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya.
15th October 2022.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured