We are seeking an experienced business strategist to analyze, design, and implement strategies to optimize the performance of a ~600 person Field Team to effectively provide impactful solutions to 130,000 farm families in our Upper Western region.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Field Operations Department (FOP) exists to support the performance of the Kenya Field Program which is a 2,700-person Field Force, spread across 5 regions. The FOP Department cultivates this workforce to independently achieve sustained food security within their community. The Strategy Associate role, reporting to the Regional Manager, develops an understanding of business strategy, optimizes performance management systems to upskill our Field Force for increased ownership of improved farmer profit and quality of life.
- Achieve regional performance targets, including SROI, sales, collections, and net promoter score
- Lead data analytics projects that support decision-making
- Support annual budgeting for your operational region and lead cost efficiency plays
- Achieve outcomes of projects to improve regional performance
- Simplify Field Force engagement to reduce operational costs and narrow workforce focus while not losing impact, sales, collections, and net promoter score outcomes
- Develop contingencies for sales and financing
- Improve client experience in the region
- Manage performance outcomes through improved client behavior in planting compliance, soil health, tree adoption, and optimized agronomy
- Represent regions in high-level discussions at country level
- Embody One Acre Fund values and invest in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience building performance culture with a large team
- Experience with complex strategy
- 3+ years experience in an operational role
- Experience analyzing complex data
- Commitment to live and work in rural areas of East African for at least two years
- Language competency: English is required. Swahili-speakers encouraged to apply.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
30 May 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.
Important Safety Tips
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budget