About the School: Msingi Imara Christian School was founded in 2016 and is a Christian-based Institution that presently caters for Kindergarten & Primary levels using the CBC curriculum and is located in Machacos. The School is passionately committed to developing learners to be contributing members of the wider community with a Christian foundation.
Vision: We see children who are:
- Excellent in academics
- Following and applying godly principles in everyday life
- Able to pursue their dreams in life
Mission: To produce confident and well-grounded children who follow Godly principles and are able to pursue their dreams through quality instruction.
Job Summary: Responsible for cultivating the learners’ interest in education and development. Responsibilities will include grading assignments, evaluating learners’ progress and planning educational activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
• Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
• Allocate and grade homework, assignments, and tests.
• Assess and record learners’ progress and provide feedback
• Supervise classes to ensure all learners are learning in a safe and productive environment.
• Organise supplies and resources for presentations.
• Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
• Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
• Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
• Observe and understand learners’ behaviour and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
• Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
• Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports and termly report cards.
• Evaluate and document learners’ progress.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Diploma in Education, minimum of P1 Certificate
- TSC registered
- Proven experience as a teacher
- Experience teaching Kiswahili will be an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Ability to integrate ICT in learning
- The ability to compile lesson plans efficiently
- The ability to execute lessons with meaning, in a fun, creative and engaging manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Born again Christian, devoted to their walk with Christ
- Strong moral values and discipline