Pizza House Restaurant is Mogadishu’s entirely rooftop dining Restaurant. It’s located in an accessible place in the city. An ideal place for every person where you can enjoy panoramic view of the city, a night at Pizza House Restaurant will have you basking in the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere of our Rooftop setting. But it's not all about location - here at Pizza House we have forged a reputation as one of Mogadishu’s top restaurants. We believe in using only the freshest ingredients, the most talented chefs and waiting staff of the most professional standard. Be prepared to be properly taken care of by our outstanding staff whilst you enjoy our delicious cuisine.
We are still in this ever-competitive food business and have upgraded our services for the best of our clients who have supported us all these years. Our business has grown despite having many challenges. We are proud to say that we have created a strong bond with our clients.
Overview of Position
We are seeking to recruit an experienced head chef that undertakes and acts as the head chef for Pizza House Restaurant. The length of this contract is one year starting from November 2021 to November 2022 with possible extension depends on satisfactory.The occupant of this position shall be responsible for preparing and developing Pizza House menu as well introducing new menu items with the assistance of the restaurant manager.
This contract receives day-to-day and week-to-week oversight from restaurant supervisor, he/she will be also expected to innovate and design delicious food with nice flavors.
• Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
• Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
• Inform waiter staff about daily specials
• Ensure appealing plate presentation
• Direct kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking, and cleanup
• Assign tasks; supervise chefs and cooks in the preparation and presentation of food.
• Supervise Cooks and assists as needed
• Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
• Monitor food stock and place orders
• Resolve issues as they arise so that customers continue to receive their orders in a timely manner
• Plan menus and set prices making adjustments as needed based on the availability of ingredients
• Inspect raw and cooked food items to guarantee that the highest quality products are prepared and served to customers
• Collaborate with the general manager and owner to align kitchen operations with the overarching goals of the establishment
• Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
• Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
• Direct monthly inventory
Education and experience
• Associate degree in culinary arts preferred
• 4+ years of experience in a back-of-house management position
• Significant experience as a chef, in addition to experience as a sous chef or line cook
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to oversee and manage kitchen operations
• Ability to remain productive when pulled in many different directions
How to apply
Applicants can send their CV and Cover Letter via "Apply Now Button" and state the position applied for from 14th September to 20th October 2021. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements