The KM Project Manager will manage multiple projects of different complexities, scales and dimensioning, as well as coordinate with the Knowledge Management Team, engaging with several interlocutors and their respective workflows toward effective achievement of the different projects’ goals.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting and guiding operations.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND CONTEXT
The Medical Department manages an important volume of information needed by the field teams, including technical guidance in the form of guidelines, protocols, checklists, tools but also briefing contents, medical newsletters, field reports, reporting tools, multimedia files, among others. Besides, huge amount of information and knowledge is produced at field level and needs to be integrated so that it can be exploited by others. All these documents may be located at many levels and in different platforms, resulting in difficult access and adoption of information. Adequate organization and adaptation of this knowledge is crucial in the response to the population needs. This information goes bi-directionally, from the medical network to the field and vice versa. From one side, field colleagues need to access the right medical guidance in the most efficient way. From the other, contents should be adapted as much as possible to field reality.
The KM Project Manager will manage multiple projects of different complexities, scales and dimensioning, as well as coordinate with the Knowledge Management Team, engaging with several interlocutors and their respective workflows toward effective achievement of the different projects’ goals. The KM manager will work under the Head of Health Services Unit within the Medical Department, and will work within the strategic framework and vision already articulated for OCBA, adapting it to the needs of the Medical Department, with focus on agile extraction, packaging, dissemination and assimilation of field relevant information and know-how to those who need it in a way that is user friendly and adaptive to realities on the ground and in Headquarters, while encouraging a mindset change inside the department.. The overall goal is to transform how we manage critical learning and render it actionable to improve our operations for the benefit of the populations we serve.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES, FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
Cycle of Knowledge Management
- Define the strategy of Info/Knowledge Management in the Medical Department, in line with the Coordinated Strategic Vision of KM and the department’s identified priorities and plan its implementation.
- Guarantee efficient production and digital packaging of the information produced by the medical network.
- Propose and define annual priorities according to the medical department planning and OCBA Strategic Plan.
- Identify knowledge gaps in OCBA medical domain and propose solutions.
- Elaborate a strategy of relevant or actionable elements of knowledge for processing, extraction, packaging, communication and dissemination of medical documents, including an impact factor post dissemination and monitoring of uptake of targeted knowledge to user.
- Deciding on and discerning different audiences effectively and then taking decision on best delivery method as per most priority audience for operational impact (also populations).
- Ability to ensure digital packaging and subsequent dissemination is effective – monitoring of impact post dissemination, monitoring of uptake of targeted knowledge to user.
- Propose different delivery methods per multiple medical audiences, taking into account different cognitive intelligences. Use different digital tools to disseminate considering the challenges we face in different territories regarding connectivity, privacy…
- Work in collaboration with Comms department in relation to dissemination of specific events (i.e.: International Days, OR published), being the focal person between advisors and Comms.
- Identification of relevant or actionable elements of healthcare knowledge for processing, extraction, packaging, and dissemination.
- Collaborate in the adaptation of medical documents to facilitate their reading and adoption.
- Define and structure an end user friendly way of archiving the medical information and use collected user feedback from the field and HQ in a constant cycle of improvement, ensuring seamless access to key knowledge.
- Review, adopt, disseminate and train the medical network in the use of a common and standardized nomenclature.
- De-briefing of international staff -and national staff when possible- to receive feedback on the usage of knowledge and leverage of new tools, templates, knowledge repositories and overall experience regarding knowledge and information sharing.
- Identify new best practices for the knowledge repositories of the Department and implement them whenever is possible.
Support to the department
- Ensure system-user friendliness of medical SharePoint in collaboration with other departments to facilitate transversal work.
- Definition of standards and processes for the public sites and workspaces of the Department (workspace/intranet templates and layouts, standard libraries, folder structures, document inventories, retention tables, access permissions, naming conventions, etc.).
- Centralize and organize all medical information in a single platform (SharePoint), ensuring its user-friendliness, visual appeal and organization.
- Provide the Medical Department with a global view and understanding of information and knowledge management and provide advice on strategies and solutions.
- Support Advisors from the network in optimizing the medical workspace by archiving, classifying and saving material (ongoing work, pre-validated guides, etc) in a harmonized and organized manner.
- Support the design of the Newsletter in collaboration with the department’s assistant.
- Support the updating, and appearance of the Medical Kit.
- Ensure all content is according to our brand standards and meets the goal of the Organization.
- Ensure the liaison and coordination with other concurrent projects in MSF, when relevant for the Department and MSF needs.
- Define a strategy for medical CoPs (new CoPs, management of existing ones, opening to other OCs, etc).
- Identify and adopt the applications for collaborative work (such as TEAMS, Yammer, Remit, MSF Scientific portal, others).
- Contribute to the creation of different knowledge hubs for specific topics when relevant (example: Food Security and Nutrition, COVID-19) in collaboration with Projects and IT, operations and corresponding referents while using collected user feedback from the field in a constant cycle of improvement.
- Support and advice ORC members in properly organizing and archiving OR data (Guidelines and protocols, Concept notes, protocols, publications, etc.) in collaboration with Data protection focal persons and projects and IT.
- Ensure the Information Management Policy is being implemented by all the Department, becoming the focal point for new incorporations regarding the dissemination of it.
- Train all the members of the Department about what Knowledge Management means and how it can help in supporting better our interventions.
- Experience in a similar position, ideally with experience working with healthcare contents.
- Experience in management of complex and multiple projects and interlocutors.
- Excellent working knowledge of contemporary digital environments and social media platforms.
- Proficient in English and French, Spanish and other languages will be an asset.
- Formal education in careers related to Information science, Telecommunications, Communication and Technology in Education will be prioritized.
- Good digital production skills, in particular audio/visual resources and data visualization.
- Experience working with MSF is an asset.
- Previous experience in medical-humanitarian organizations will be an asset.
- Capacity to synthesize complex information into simpler units.
- Capacity to tailor production of contents to different level users.
- Familiar with medical terms and concepts.
- Experience in the creation of learning materials and training people is preferable.
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi). Final location will be subject to the employability of the preselected candidate (residency, work permit, etc.).
- Full time position.
- Duration: 3 years with possibility for extension.
- Annual Gross Salary: level HQ-4A (divided in 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy. Subjected to local conditions.
- Starting date: ASAP.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter:
Closing date: December 18th, 2022, 23:59 CET (Central European Time).
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured