Quality Assurance Manager
Conducting all conformance activities on raw material and final products based on defined standards as well as verification activities for environmental and sanitation.
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
· Conducting tests of samples received from suppliers/subcontractors and reporting on any reasons for rejection of materials and parts received
· Record or compile test results or prepare graphs, charts, or reports.
· Obtain samples, analyse, record and report lab operational data.
· Conduct standardized tests on raw materials, in-line and end-line food products, additives, or preservatives to ensure compliance with established standards
· Apply established test protocols for analysis and testing of raw and finished products
· Perform regular maintenance of laboratory equipment including, calibrating, cleaning, or sterilizing.
· Analyse test results to classify products or compare results with standard tables and prepare certificates of analysis.
· develop requisition for lab supplies needed to maintain inventories
· Manage inventory supplies by keeping track of materials used and ordering new items as needed.
· Perform maintenance on lab equipment by making calibrations, cleaning equipment, replacing parts, and otherwise keeping equipment functioning properly.
· Report for maintenance any breakdown of lab equipment
· Adhere to lab Safety Regulations
· Follow safety standards and protocols at all times in regards to safe handling of materials and wearing proper protective equipment.
· Keep laboratory and work areas clean and organized.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
· Minimum Diploma in Laboratory Analysis, (Microbiology, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Analysis)
· 4 years experience in busy laboratory
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
· Quality Control Analysis
· Analytical Skills
· Conducting tests and inspections
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Report writing
· Good teamworking skills
· Time Management
· Laboratory Management
· Food Research and Development