• Function : Plant – Quality
• Level: 5
• Country : Qatar
• Location : Mesaieed
• Manager : Quality Manager
Areas of responsibility
• Inspection if the product meets all the requirements
• Ensuring the Raw material used in different processing stages are matching standards.
• Familiar with type test, sample rest and routine test.
• Familiar with non-electrical /polymer test on cables (TGA, DSC, Moisture, FITR, compatibility test..)
• Ensuring performance testing on the product are carried out as per standards and work instruction and inspection plan.
• Carry out inspection and testing of sampling criteria and record of the result.
• Give continuous feed back to the production about the result and post inspected and accepted.
• Inspect if the product is out of requirement of inspected and test plan requirement hold or reject on non-conformity occurs.
• To pass and release the product after doing all the inspection.
• Preparing the weekly test planning
• Responsible of the non-electrical & fire lab.
• To check the Technical Data Sheet for comments.
• Prepare Technical Test Plan to Physical and Electrical Lab according to the required standards (IEC, BS, ASTM&UL)
• Issue all the test reports.
• Follow up of any sales request: samples, qualification files.
• Scheduling and conducting TPI & FAT in presence of customers.
• Ensuring compliance to quality, health and safety rules inside the lab.
• Ensure that all measuring equipment / tolls are always functional and calibrated.
• Ensure that non-conformed drum is identified and controlled to prevent its unintended use or delivery.
• Carry out analysis of non-conformity and cooperating with Production staff in identifying the root causes, corrective and preventive actions needed to prevent recurrence.
• Identifying and evaluating lab, technicians’ training needs and preparing training skills matrix in order to level-up their performance.
Required skills and qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years work related experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Shows strong initiative and adaptable to change
• Has a capability to understand customers' requirements and constraints (internally and externally)
• Has a capability to perform all routine, sample and type tests for LV, MV & HV cables
• Has a capability to understand international standards
• Has a capability to objectively assess the degree of compliance to a referential or standard for a process or activity