The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
• Outlining the laboratory reagents and equipment specifications that will be needed for the Project;
• Conducting proper laboratory set up and arrangement;
• Ensuring the right laboratory equipment and supplies that are required for the projects are specified during procurement;
• Coordinating with the field teams in ensuring implementation of protocols from the field;
• Maintaining good hygiene practices within the laboratory;
• Analyzing household and environmental samples from Nairobi and Kisumu for specific enteric pathogens, and interpreting the results; and
• Maintaining a record of all samples received and analyzed, and ensuring safe storage of all samples received.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Medical or Laboratory Biotechnology.
• Experience in nucleic acids (DNA/RNA) extraction.
• Experience in multi-pathogen detection and characterization using real time PCR.
• Experience in analysis and interpretation of PCR results.
• Experience in detecting bacterial phenotypes in various environmental samples.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by March 05, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons