Reporting to the Section Head Haematology, the Laboratory Technologist will ensure provision of effective, efficient, quality laboratory analytical services in the Laboratory.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution
• Registration with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologists Board is mandatory;
• Demonstrable computer literacy;
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
• Positive attitude towards work and other members of the team;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Unquestionable integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Professional attitude and strong work ethic with attention to timeliness.
• Receive and analyze Haematology/special Haematology specimens.
• Maintain appropriate internal controls in Haematology/special Haematology to ensure validity of reports.
• Manage routine and planned preventive maintenance of equipment in Haematology.
• Perform tests with maximum efficiency ensuring maximum utilization of reagents and time following laid down standard operating procedures.
• Communicate urgent/critical/abnormal test results within recommended period of time and maintain appropriate documentation.
• Observe/comply with Health & Safety requirements in the laboratory by maintaining high standards of hygiene and general cleanliness in the work area.
• Participate in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives
• Participate in continuous medical education
• Receive specimens for Immunohaematology and carry out appropriate testing observing internal quality checks to ensure validity of test results.
• Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures in Haematology and Immuno-haematology.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor or designee
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured