Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects blood specimens and analyzes them to determine the number of cells and their morphology at the direction of clinical staff
- Carries out biochemical analyses and determinations such as liver function, thyroid function, blood sugars, renal function, and cardiac function at the direction of clinical staff.
- Conducting accurately various complex and simple analytical tests on various samples.
- Operates, adjusts, and maintains scientific instruments, including, but not limited to hematology analyzer and biochemistry analyzer,
- Clean and maintain laboratory and ensure adherence to good laboratory practices.
- Establish and monitor programs to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results in the form of internal and external quality assurance.
- Troubleshoots by recognizing erroneous outcomes, documenting the mishap and ensure rectification of the problem before resuming with the methodology or processes.
- Prepares slides and makes microscopic observations.
- Makes complete urinalyses and specific gravity tests.
- Enters data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into computer for storage.
- Analyzes and records test information into the computer for storage and issues lab reports and provides technical information about test results to the clinical staff.
- Maintains technical records and prepares reports.
- Keeps informed of new laboratory techniques.
- Keeps inventories of supplies and stocks on hand for laboratory use and makes requisition for reagents on time to ensure adequate availability of reagents at all times.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the management.