2. Laboratory Technologist III- V.NO. KCPSB/MOH-FACES/02/12/2020
NO. OF POSITIONS: 2
Reports To: The facility in-charge, head of departments in collaboration with Sub County program Coordinators / Officers.
Duty station: Masogo Sub County Hospital and Railways Dispensary Terms of Employment: 8 months' Contract
Gross Salary: sh. 50,423 per month.
• Must have a mean grace of C plain and above in K.C.S.E
• Must have at least a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science from Kenya Medical Training College
• Must be registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board (KMLTTB) with a current practicing license.
SKILLS AND ABILITY
• Must be a team player, motivator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have the ability to multitask, resolve problems and be very flexible
• Those with computer skills will have an added advantage
• Must have interest in working in innovative and demanding rural facilities
• Must be able to carry out his/her duties professionally and show respect to all. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure laboratory services required including those for HIV/Aids prevention, care and treatment programs are duly carried out.
• Conduct laboratory testing procedures as per the required SOPs
• Establish routine work flow; develop/ refine SOPs, job aids, log books and referral forms as needed; conduct lab activities that improve test performance and decrease turnaround time
• Develop and implement an equipment maintenance program
• Monitor efficient documentation of laboratory results at the site, as well as effective linkages between laboratory and clinical services
• Do reagent quantification forecasting and timely reporting both to the lab in charge, SCMLT and the program as needed.
• Ensure that all HTS testing points in the facility adhere to quality assurance standards by constant supervision as guided by the lab manager.
• Implementation of quality management/ quality assurance activities including RTK validation
• To coordinate the Hub and VL/EID testing labs and ensure timely dispatch of samples receipts of results back to sites
• Conduct any other duty as maybe prescribed by the supervisor
• Will be reporting to the Laboratory and Facility in -Charges.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website: www.kisumu.go.ke, fill and submit together with CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional Certificates to the undersigned on or before 24th January 2021 by 5.00 pm. Please indicate the vacancy reference number and the position applied for on the envelope.
i. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ii. The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and Persons with Disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
iii.The Board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest Police station for action,
iv. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board Secretary
Kisumu County Public Service Board
P. Box 7792 — 40100