OFFICE OF THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
37.Laboratory Technologist (4 POSITIONS) - MCPSB 288/2020 -CONTRACT
The Laboratory Technologist will work under the overall supervision of the health facility incharge/laboratory manager at the Sub-County level with a dotted line to MGIC/CIHEB Kenya laboratory specialist. He/She will provide consistent, accurate, reliable and timely laboratory services to the clients and in consistence to program priority indicator targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Support sample collection for CD4, VL, EID, HIV-DRT, Sputum Culture, Microscopy & Gene Expert, blood counts, stool, urine, etc.
b) Ensure samples for referral are appropriately packaged, logged into tracking logs and complete documentation of lab requisition form.
c) Perform routine and special laboratory investigations including TB Microscopy (FM/ZN), Gene Expert, CD4, sCrAg, Biochemistry, Hematology etc.
d) Maintain proper documentation of samples received, test done, referred, results received and communicate critical results to the clinicians.
e) Keep the laboratory equipment and working area clean and ensure PPE are available and in use.
f) Participate in monitoring program quality indicators: TAT, Rejections, expiry, stock out, unsatisfactory test results performance, complains by clients/patients etc.
g) Ensure routine lab IQC is up to date, active participation in the inter-lab comparisons & EQA.
h) Perform Root Cause Analysis for unsatisfactory results and appropriate Corrective Action Plan.
i) Ensure safety procedures, access control to the laboratory are maintained.
j) Support the lab to prepare/review the SOPs, job Aids and manuals.
k) Work with lab in charge to ensure Phlebotomy & Lab commodities/reagents are available with no test interruption.
l) Ensure weekly, monthly commodity consumption reports are submitted on time on respective platforms (HCMP and DHIS).
m) Ensure timely submission of the monthly Lab CQI summary Report to the Lab specialist.
n) Submit monthly progress reports using specified template.
i. Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science.
ii. Registered with the KMLTTB with valid current practice license.
iii. Over 2 years’ experience in Clinical laboratory field, implementing ART and TB/HIV programs in the lab context.
iv. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Those with experience in using data analysis software packages such as SPSS, Epi Info will have an added advantage.
v. Excellent inter-personal, people management and team building skills.
HOW TO APPLY
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
3. All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 21st January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and
professional certificates and testimonials.
5. For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010,
applicants must obtain the following clearance:
• Tax compliance certificate from KRA
• Clearance certificate from HELB
• Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
• Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
• Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
• Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Migori County Public Service Board is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.