About the Global Opportunity Youth Network (GOYN): The Global Opportunity Youth Network (GOYN) is a multi-stakeholder initiative committed to creating place-based systems shifts for youth economic opportunity. Working with Anchor Partners situated in communities around the world, we work to create economic mobility for “Opportunity Youth” — young people aged 15-29 who are out of school, unemployed, or working in informal jobs. In Mombasa, the GOYN is hosted at Swahilipot Hub and works to improve youth employment outcomes by partnering with diverse stakeholders such as civil society, private sector, government, training organizations, etc. to identify the systems, policies, and incentives most needed to improve long-term youth employment outcomes and accelerate high-priority solutions through global grant funding and linkages to impact financing
Overview of the Labour Markets Manager Role: GDI is seeking to recruit a Labour Markets Manager whose main responsibility will be to contribute to the development of a labor market information system for the jobs market in Mombasa. The manager will be the main contact point for monitoring and evaluation, learning, and capacity building of partners and opportunity youth on data gathering, analysis, and dissemination to influence data-driven approaches in the youth ecosystem in Mombasa. S/he will hold a leadership role over an associate, the corporate engagement lead, and leading business clusters.
Demand mapping Strategy and Planning
- Contribute to demand mapping strategy holistically and on a pathway by pathway basis.
- Track, package, and distribute to internal and external stakeholders relevant research conducted by GOYN and other organizations.
- Develop a labor market information system in collaboration with other ecosystem players.
- Engage with other training partners to develop curriculum and training opportunity youth on data gathering, analysis, and dissemination
Data Analysis, Production, and Distribution
- Provide primary and secondary analysis of all research data to support the development of or contributions to key findings.
- Directly contribute to and manage the creation of research reports and presentations, including drafting the findings report and presentation and collaborating with stakeholders on design and production.
- Together with partners provide capacity-building training to collaborative teams and opportunity youths on data collection, analysis, and dissemination including developing key research talking points.
- Manage the process and ensure research findings/reports/presentations are announced and distributed.
- Seek and manage the development and distribution of innovative approaches for sharing the findings with internal and external stakeholders.
Partnership Development and Marketing
- Building and maintaining partnerships with employers in collaboration with the employer engagement lead.
- Develop and implement approaches to disseminate research findings and their adoption by other ecosystem players.
- Support the creation and production of original content for dissemination via the GOYN website, publications, newsletters, and other media.
- Implement a variety of marketing strategies and promotional campaigns aimed at attracting more partnerships for GOYN
- Research fundraising opportunities; Develop funding proposals and submit them to potential donors.
- In collaboration with other team members, prepare quarterly budgets and reports to be shared with potential funders.
- Network with relevant funders to identify synergies and develop winning proposals.
- A minimum of 7-10 years experience in the area of expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of the private sector, potential job types, and roles available for the opportunity youth in the Mombasa ecosystem
- Professional level of technical and managerial knowledge, skills, and experience to manage the technical and operational activities of a team
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion on significant matters related to labor market systems
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to solve problems and find effective and efficient ways to accomplish goals
Interested candidates who meet the desired qualification are encouraged to submit their Cover Letter and CV using the following link:https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/GlobalDevelopmentIncubator/743999751697110-labour-markets-manager. Early applications are strongly encouraged and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications must be received by 15th June 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants for expressing interest in the role, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.