- Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order.
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally.
- Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift.
- Feed information akin to speed, shapes and sizes through the machine set up box.
- Place parts in semi automated machines.
- Calibrate and re calibrate machines accordingly.
- Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum running.
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation.
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out.
- Perform random tests to ensure accuracy.
- Perform safety checks on every machine.
- Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing periodic checks on output.
- Ensure stocks of needed materials are ready and available at all times.
- Create and maintain activity logs.
- A certificate in Electrical engineering / mechanical engineering / electronics / mechanical plant engineering.
- Computer literate.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Lathe Machine Operator.
- Previous electrical, threading, welding experience is preferred.