OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT
University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services Limited (UNES) was awarded a Cooperative Agreement by USAID in 2016 to implement HealthIT Project. HealthIT is a USAID mechanism whose purpose is to work with the Ministry of Health and Department of Children Services to Strengthen National Policies, Strategies, Standards and Reporting related to Kenya’s Health Information System (HIS) to support County and National Level Health Services. The purpose has two sub purposes: Sub-purpose one delivers strengthened national information systems that support reporting, provide data for decision-making for GoK and Stakeholders, and sub-purpose two delivers improved institutional capacity of national and county MOH on use of health systems, quality data capture and reporting. The project aims to develop and maintain health and child protection information systems to make data available for use in decision making for improved health outcomes.
3. Lead Capacity Building and Institutional Learning (USAID HealthIT PROJECT): UNES/HLIT/LCBIL/01/2021
Contract Terms: One-year Renewable
The Lead Capacity Building and Institutional Learningis key to the Project’s role in updating and implementing the capacity building strategy in both Health Information Systems and Child Protection Information Management Systems at the national program and sub national levels. The position will work with the technical teams to support the development of capacity building strategies in use of digital platforms. The will further support monitoring, evaluation and learning from the capacity building interventions.
This responsibilities will include:
• Work with the Ministry of Health Department of Health Informatics and M&E (MOH DHI and M&E) and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection Department of Children Services (MOLSP DCS) to review and implement capacity building strategies and plans
• Support the review of HIS training curriculum or adapt existing resources into learning modules for information system users
• Develop and maintain training materials including eLearning content and modules.
• Design and develop dynamic, interactive and user friendly multimedia training solutions
• Manage design and development team
• Organize and execute physical and online trainings in collaboration with project technical teams
• Manage design, develop, implement and maintain the Learning Management System (LMS) and the Virtual Academies Platforms
• Manage complete development process of courseware materials to include eLearning and LMS/training delivery systems, document management
• Work with senior management to ensure completed projects, courseware and LMS/training systems meet users’ expectations
• Work with team members to define processes, work flows, effective content production and implementation of up to date development and LMS technologies and methodologies
• Plan and manage development of new courseware requests
• Creating storyboards/scripts and production-ready content for video or web-based training programs and advising on production.
• Partnering with internal teams to produce high quality eLearning content.
• Assisting with managing administrative capabilities in the LMS.
• Creating digital assets for e-learning courses.
• Collaborating with other project members on curriculum development and mentor junior developers and training.
• Working with subject matter experts on other teams to produce scripts, content, and timelines.
• Assisting with management of course development projects including scoping the required resources and timeline to meet project timelines with quality results.
• Producing quality eLearning course material, including course design documents, course outlines, course descriptions, PowerPoint slides, diagrams, interactive exercises, and assessments.
• Designing measurement instruments and creating advanced learning activities questions for quizzes and certification exams.
• Guide, coordinate and collaborate with project staff and partners in the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of activities
• Support the building of lasting in-county capacity to deliver online learning technical support.
• Document and present program reports and lessons learned to the Chief of Party, USG, MoH, DCS and other key stakeholders.
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s Degree Public Health, Education, Social Science or related
• Five years of relevant professional experience in capacity building
• Experience in working with online learning platforms such as Moodle.
• Experience in working with online learning content creation/authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate and Elucidat.
• Experience in content development for adult learners.
• Experience in software development and database administration
• Experience in Instructional Design, Graphic Design, Performance based learning, Course/ User Interface Design, Curriculum Development, Learning Strategies and Development, Quality Assurance Testing
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute planned activates efficiently within strict timelines.
• Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary, multicultural teams and monitor efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to engage and work with stakeholders at all system levels
• A proven, successful record of achieving results, preferably in a difficult working environment
• Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills.
• Experience in training.
• Experience in implementing Health related USG-funded projects in Kenya is desirable.
• Fluency in English is required, language skills in Kiswahili, and other languages of Kenya are highly preferred.
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
• Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
• Detailed CV including at minimum:
o Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
o Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
o Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
o Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
• Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
• Completed Personal Data Form (Download via the following link:http://unes.co.ke/home.php/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Applicants-Personal-Data-form-UNES-FM-A-022.docx) fully filled and signed
• Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
• All applications to reach the undersigned on or before January 26, 2021 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard Copies will not be accepted.
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY