Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV Format [Download via the following link:https://www.ippfar.org/sites/ippfar/files/IPPF ARO - CV Form .docx] and a 1-page cover letter.
Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
“Applications are particularly encouraged from women, persons living with disability, and candidates openly living with HIV.”
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
NB: Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV format (see download link above) and a 1-page cover letter. Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
Job Title: Lead Project Delivery Management
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Responsible to: Head of Programs
Closing Date: 30 October 2020
A. JOB PURPOSE
The job holder is responsible for ensuring the achievement of the regional approved projects in order to sustain and attract donor funding and continuously serve beneficiaries.
Provide strategic direction and coordination of IPPFAR Restricted Funding Projects (RFP) technical teams in pursuit of IPPF Mission, Vision, and values through the provision of programmatic leadership to contribute towards achievement of IPPF strategic framework.
The job holder is to be accountable for the achievements of IPPFAR restricted funding projects expected results as provided for in the relevant and approved restricted funding projects documents.
Ensure that IPPFAR Restricted Funding Projects (RFP) are managed efficiently in accordance to donor requirements, through high performance, high quality programme and service delivery in an accountable manner.
B. KEY TASKS
• Coordinate the implementation of a harmonized approach to Restricted Funding Project design, implementation, monitoring and reporting in line with existing best practices and IPPFAR policies/procedures
• Maintain the overall integrity and coherence of the Restricting Funding Projects and maintain the programme environment to support each individual project/staff member within it
• Ensure the delivery of projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within available resources and according to the programme and the M&E plans
• Ensure that implementation of Restricted Funding Projects is up to donors’ expectations
• Oversee project budgets, monitor expenditure and costs against results that are realised as the programme progresses
• Ensure Restricted Funding Projects reports are in line with IPPF/other donor requirements
• Work with other members of the Programme Department to contribute to the delivering of the agreed department priorities – quality of care, enabling services, MA capacity programme management/capacity building among others
• Conduct regular assessments and provide regular updates to IPPFARO’s program team as well as ARO SMT when needed
• To manage the team of Project manager and/or coordinators on a day to day basis to support the program department delivering on its performance objectives in line with IPPFAR joint priorities and deliverables.
• Assist Project managers and/or coordinators to set annual goals and performance objectives against achievements of the departmental team
• Lead and provide support during the development of Annual Work Plans (AWP) of the RFP team against the priorities of the region by setting out clearly defined roles and responsibilities for each team member
• Strengthen the capacity of Project managers and/or coordinators to develop and to implement innovative SRHR programmes
• Track and ensure contributions of Project managers, coordinators, officers and consultants where relevant, to the departmental achievements are adequately captured and timely shared/disseminated
• Conduct quarterly one to one and team meetings to review work plans against achievements of the team
• Conduct annual performance assessments of Project managers and/or coordinators in order to keep the team competitive and motivated
Partnerships and Inter-departmental / Inter-office Collaboration
• Identify, collect, and compile information on scalable and sustainable best approaches in the area of RFP management
• Build partnership and mobilise additional funds to develop and strengthen and/or sustain ongoing SRHR projects in the region in an accountable manner
• Coordinate information flow, regular communication and timely responses between IPPF ARO and project donors
• Contribute to ensuring IPPF ARO Business Cycle is implemented as required
• In collaboration with the Lead Budget and Finance specialist to oversee project budgets, monitoring expenditure and costs against benefits that are realised as the programme progresses
• Collaborate with External Relations and Communication (ER&C) team to build strategic partnerships with the government, civil society, bilateral and multilateral organisations to implement programmes through specific projects in the region
• Collaborate with Strategy & Organizational Development and ER&C teams to document SRHR promising/best practices in the region
• Collaborate with other departments at IPPFARO to contribute to the delivering of the agreed regional office priorities.
• Strengthen internal and external linkages and partnerships between the Programme Department and other ARO departments/units, IPPF Central Office and other strategic external partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Oversee the preparation of annual program and budget, progress reports, donor reports
• Develop sound M&E plan to monitor and evaluate the implementation of the Annual Work Plan budget for the Restricted Funded Project team
• Coordinate and proactively monitor overall progress of the implementation of the IPPFAR Restricted funding projects and assess results against objective indicators
• Track the implementation of restricted projects at ARO and in the region by providing timely feedback to the Head of Programmes Department
• Coordinate documentation of best practices and case studies from restricted projects for internal and external dissemination
• Work with the Strategy & Organizational Development department to oversee research studies.
• Participate as a member of the senior staff in program department to provide guidance on department-wide management decisions
• Assist RFP delivery team members to set and to assess annual goals and performance objectives against achievements of the departmental team
• Work closely with the Head of Programmes department as well as other senior program specialists to advance departmental agenda
• To ensure gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF’s Gender Equality Policy
• To contribute to the overall goals of IPPFARO
• To undertake any other duties as may be requested by her/his supervisor from time to time
C. PERSON SPECIFICATION
• Knowledge and experience of working with International Non-Governmental Organization.
• Knowledge of wide range of SRHR programs and innovations, specifically related to Gender, Inclusion, Humanitarian, AYSRH, CSE and youth centered care/programming
• Conceptual and strategic analytical capacity, to include ability to analyze and articulate the SRHR dimension, including SRHR in humanitarian settings that require a coordinated regional and national responses.
• Knowledge of the region and/or countries in the region as per IPPF delimitation, including the political, economic, and social dimensions
• In-depth understanding of reproductive health issues for vulnerable/marginalized groups in the Africa Region, including LGBTI, IDPs, women, adolescent and young people
• Ability to identify and to formulate conclusions/recommendations to resolve a wide range of complex issues/problems
• Ability to relate SRHR issues and perspectives, including gender and inclusiveness issues, to human rights Programmes
• Show pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING:
• Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies
• Identifies priorities and knows when to adjust priorities if necessary
• Allocates appropriate amount of time and other resources for completing work
• Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning
• Organizes training sessions, e-training and facilitate same
• Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
• Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise
• Is willing to learn from others
• Places organizational and team agenda before personal agenda
• Empowers others to translate shared vision into results
• Is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish team objectives
• Works independently and as a team member
• Supports and acts in accordance with the final team-decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
• Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments
• Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards
• Works on multiple deliverables simultaneously, independently and meet deadlines without compromising quality
• Strong report writing and presentation skills
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules
• Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
• Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
• Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
• Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience
• Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Master’s degree in Development studies, social science, public health or other related fields.
3) WORK EXPERIENCE
• At least eight years’ experience in similar position, or health programmes management three of which should be at the international level
• Significant experience in managing programmes and projects
• Significant experience of effectively managing budgets in line with donor requirements
• Experience in networking and social network
• Experience of resource mobilising
• For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is a must.
• Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a desk review and/or an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
6) OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Subscribe to IPPF’s Mission, Vision, and Values
• Embrace working in a multicultural environment
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Sound planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work and deliver under pressure
• Willingness to travel: approximately 30% of time
• Focus on continuous improved results/performance
• Proficiency in technologies, such as MS office suites
• Flexibility and willingness to work outside normal working hours