Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV Format [Download via the following link:https://www.ippfar.org/sites/ippfar/files/IPPF ARO - CV Form .docx] and a 1-page cover letter.
Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
“Applications are particularly encouraged from women, persons living with disability, and candidates openly living with HIV.”
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
NB: Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV format (see download link above) and a 1-page cover letter. Please note that we will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
Job Title: Lead Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Programme Specialist
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Responsible to: Head of Programmes
Closing Date: 30 October 2020
A. JOB PURPOSE
The job holder is responsible for providing IPPFAR performing and sustainable cost-effective strategies and approaches to deliver and enabling quality, rights-based SRHR services and programmes.
To mobilise additional funds to develop new SRHR program and strengthen and/or sustain ongoing SRHR program in the region
The job holder is responsible for effective development, coordination, implementation, and assessment of the functions of the SRHR program team.
To be accountable for the achievements of IPPFAR SRHR restricted funding projects expected results as provided for in the relevant and approved restricted funding projects documents.
B. KEY TASKS
• Coordinate the strategic planning and program development processes of Program specialist team to ensure alignment to IPPF strategic framework and provide regular updates to IPPFARO’s program team as well as ARO SMT when needed
• Design and introduce new and innovative SRHR programs for the region to achieve set targets
• Develop strategies to build a sustainable high quality integrated SRHR program in the region (Q-IPES, Integration, Commodity security management, Client centered and Discrimination management, diversification of income generation on service provision etc)
• Develop Innovative guidelines to assist member associations to be enablers of others to co-deliver our objectives (Social franchising, Clustering, PPP, Networking, Social marketing, Tasks Shifting, digital health, Peer provision, self-care
• Actively lead all priority initiatives in the Programmes & HSS Department including but not limited to the quality of care, digital health and enabling services initiatives
• Provide a regional performing and sustainable reproductive health commodity security management system
• Develop guidelines that enable MAs to forge partnerships at country level that enhance acquisition of RH Commodities and supplies
• Innovate to increase number of member associations recognized locally and regionally (federation wide) as centers of excellence and/or technical assistance provider organisation.
• Coordinate IPPFAR participation to technical RHCS networks in the region
• Proactively monitor overall progress of the SRHR programme implementation in the region
• Effectively showcase innovative and successful IPPFAR experiences for delivering and enabling quality, rights based SRH services.
• To manage the team of Program specialist on a day to day basis to support the program department delivering on its performance objectives in line with IPPFAR joint priorities and deliverables.
• Assist Program specialists to set annual goals and performance objectives against achievements of the departmental team
• Strengthen the capacity of Program specialists to develop and to implement innovative SRHR programmes
• Track and ensure contributions of Program specialists to the departmental achievements are adequately captured and timely shared/disseminated
• Conducted annual performance assessments of Program specialists in order to keep the team competitive and motivated
• Contribute to ensuring IPPF ARO Business Cycle is implemented as required
Partnerships and Inter-departmental / Inter-office Collaboration
• To mobilise additional funds to develop and strengthen and/or sustain ongoing SRHR programs in the region in an accountable manner
• Ensure programme interventions at regional level is interlinked to key SRHR thematic areas (Youth, IPES, Gender and Humanitarian response)
• In collaboration with the Lead Project Delivery Management to support the implementation of the restricted projects in the region in line with IPPF and other donor’s requirements
• In collaboration with the Lead Budget and Finance specialist to oversee programme budgets, monitoring expenditure and costs against benefits that are realised as the programme progresses
• Responsible for compiling the unit budget and monitoring expenditure/and regularly providing accurate information on SOB (Status of Budget).
• Collaborate with External Relations and Communication (ER&C) team to build strategic partnerships with the government, civil society, bilateral and multilateral organisations to implement SRHR programmes in the region
• Collaborate with Strategy & Organizational Development and ER&C teams to document SRHR promising/best practices in the region
• Work with the Strategy & Organizational Development department to oversee research studies.
• Strengthen internal and external linkages and partnerships between the Programme Department and other ARO departments/units, IPPF Central Office and other strategic external partners.
• Participate as a member of the senior staff in programmes department to provide guidance on department-wide management decisions
• Work closely with the Head of Programmes department as well as other senior program specialists to advance departmental agenda
• To contribute to the regional office strategies and work plan in an active manner across departments
To undertake any other duties as may be requested from time to time
C. PERSON SPECIFICATION
• Knowledge and experience of working with International Non-Governmental Organization.
• Knowledge of wide range of SRHR programs and innovations, specifically related to Gender, Inclusion, Humanitarian, AYSRH, CSE and youth centered care/programming
• Conceptual and strategic analytical capacity, to include ability to analyze and articulate the SRHR dimension, including SRHR in humanitarian settings that require a coordinated regional and national responses.
• Knowledge of the region and/or countries in the region as per IPPF delimitation, including the political, economic, and social dimensions
• In-depth understanding of reproductive health issues for vulnerable/marginalized groups in the Africa Region, including LGBTI, IDPs, women, adolescent and young people
• Ability to identify and to formulate conclusions/recommendations to resolve a wide range of complex issues/problems
• Ability to relate SRHR issues and perspectives, including gender and inclusiveness issues, to human rights Programmes
• Show pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING:
• Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies
• Identifies priorities and knows when to adjust priorities if necessary
• Allocates appropriate amount of time and other resources for completing work
• Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning
• Organizes training sessions, e-training and facilitate same
• Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
• Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise
• Is willing to learn from others
• Places organizational and team agenda before personal agenda
• Empowers others to translate shared vision into results
• Is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish team objectives
• Works independently and as a team member
• Supports and acts in accordance with the final team-decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
• Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments
• Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards
• Works on multiple deliverables simultaneously, independently and meet deadlines without compromising quality
• Strong report writing and presentation skills
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules
• Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
• Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
• Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
• Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience
• Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Masters’ degree in public health, health services management, reproductive health, or related fields
3) WORK EXPERIENCE
• At least eight years’ experience in similar position, or health programmes management three of which should be at the international level
• Significant experience of effectively managing budgets in line with donor requirements
• Experience in networking and social network
• Experience of resource mobilising
• For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required.
• Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage
• Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a desk review and/or an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview
6) OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Subscribe to IPPF’s Mission, Vision, and Values
• Embrace working in a multicultural environment
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Willingness to travel: approximately 30% of time
• Focus on continuous improved results/performance
• Proficiency in technologies, such as MS office suites
• Flexibility and willingness to work outside normal working hours