Reports to: Group Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
2. JOB PURPOSE:
The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for the design, development and implementation of various employee learning and development programs that align with Our Clients Group operational requirements. The Learning and Development Specialist supports the ongoing development needs of employees through the tracking and evaluation of progress, the assessment of knowledge gaps, and the provision of coaching and additional training interventions. The Learning and Development Specialist must collaborate effectively with all stakeholders and successfully utilize technology to execute learning and development initiatives.
3. JOB DIMENSIONS:
Direct Reports: None
Total Reports: None
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Specify the output required from the job. Identify not more than 7 Key Accountabilities & their performance indicators. NB-Focus on outcomes not tasks
• To provide comprehensive corporate and department learning and development plans to support and accomplish Our Clients Group mission, vision, and organisational goals and objectives.
• Collaborate with HR team members and business leaders to understand their needs related to learning and development by proactively interfacing with key stakeholders in order to understand, identify, recommend and deploy effective solutions.
• To organise and communicate in advance the arrangements for Appraisal each year and the subsequent forms and training arrangements for employees.
To work with the Group HR Manager to help coordinate a rigorous management by objectives culture through annual Appraisal and subsequent supervision practice.
• To pull together comprehensive corporate and local department learning and development plans to support the objectives for each part of Our Client’s Group from the Appraisal process.
• Refining existing systems and processes, and setting up new processes as required, including: preparing and tracking the annual Learning & Development
• Budget; creating and updating the Training Calendar; tracking training attendance; capturing feedback on training programs as well as conferences and workshops attended.
• Design, implement and/or support the development and use of learning assessment methodologies and tools in order to monitor and measure the effectiveness of learning programmes.
• To carry out a skills assessment audit following the completion of the Appraisal run to show the strengths, development areas and succession planning opportunities for each area of Our ‘clients Group so that the Group is able to identify and track the development of its people to meet its future objectives.
• To design, develop face-to face and online learning and support materials to facilitate independent development across core areas of competence as appropriate.
• Consult with managers across the Group to understand business problems and to identify opportunities to enhance employee performance through blended learning and just-in-time solutions.
• Providing advice and guidance to the Executive Board and managers on the current development needs of individuals and groups by benchmarking our current skills requirement, identify strengths, areas of risk and develop an understanding of the skill we need now, and will need in the future and provide advice on appropriate development activities
• To work with Group HR Manager to coordinate training needs analyses (TNAs) across our client’s Group and conduct comparative analyses of TNA, Performance Appraisal and Communication Scheme (PACS), course evaluation data and other relevant information in line with our client Group’s People and Performance frameworks, and recommend solutions.
• To lead on the design and then develop the Group competency framework so it clearly sets out the core skills that are important to our client and how these skills be developed and strengthened.
• To work with Group HR Manager on the design and delivery of a people interventions up skilling programme to improve the quality of people interventions.
• Conceptualizing innovative and flexible methods to address the developmental and capacity building needs identified, including identification of external training programs and conferences, the design and delivery of in-house training sessions, enrolment in online learning programs, mentoring, self-learning, and other methods as appropriate.
• Work hand in hand with the Group HR Manager to Lead/ champion the communication pillar of the culture transformation program by setting expectations about the necessity for change, the type of new culture required and how it will result in success.
5. JOB CONTEXT: Define organizational policy and other factors that have a critical impact on the job
• Maintain communication between stakeholder and consultants on progress, issues and actions required on a weekly basis and provide management reports, as well as ad-hoc reports as required for weekly review with the Group Human Resources manager.
• Communicate and implement Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures in support of the safety vision and goals; and maintain accountability for safety performance of all subordinate employees.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals in a wide range of situations which usually requires tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
6. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Bachelor degree in HRM, psychology, education, business, and/or related business experience; 7+ year’s relevant experience in Human Resources.
• Member of IHRM is a plus.
• Has a proven record of liaising with Recognised Training Organisations and/or Tertiary Institutions to deliver qualification based development activities.
• 7+ years of direct work experience designing, developing and delivering learning and development programs.
• Proven experience as a Learning & Development Specialist, Training Specialist or similar role in a demanding environment.
• Strong learning and development experience to include planning and coordinating key Learning & Development activity as well as designing and implementing new Learning & Development practice, strategies and projects.
• Strong generalist experience including working on organizational projects, initiatives and new ways of working.
• Experience of skills audits and training needs analysis.
• Experience of using recognized HR Software/Database Information systems and using these to promote agile, online working practices.
• Knowledge and understanding of budget monitoring methods
• Knowledge / understanding of the training industry.
• Management Theory and practice.
• Experience of independent report and policy writing.
• Experience in the planning and management of staff learning/training and development within an organization, including experience in training needs analysis, instructional design and training facilitation and presentation.
• Passion for teaching with the ability to create and sustain strong relationship management skills (including the ability to persuade, motivate and be an advocate) and influence and personal credibility to establish effective working relationships with all stakeholders within the organisation.
• Confident, articulate and clear communication skills (verbal and written) with strong facilitation and presentation skills.
• Possess business and financial acumen to enable sound management decision making for the organisation.
• Experience of advising and working collaboratively with senior and middle managers on a range of Learning & Development matters (e.g. competency frameworks, succession planning, line management and leadership development).
• Analysis and evaluation of processes and training.
• Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices.
• Networking skills
• Consulting skills to diagnose people organisational issues and propose interventions to solve organisational needs.
• Ability to work in a team and independently to a high standard without constant supervision and ensure deadlines are met under pressure.
• Proficient organisation, task management and time management skills; high attention to quality; detail and accuracy; ability to multi-task managing multiple high tasks/demands at times.
• Must be fully aware of the sensitivity and confidentiality of the function and act upon it.
• High degree of computer literacy, specifically competence in the use of MS Office Applications and HR/Learning Management Systems (LMS)
Behavioural Competencies :
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals in a wide range of situations which usually requires tact, diplomacy and discretion.