Bomet University College (BUC) is a Constituent College of Moi University, established through the Legal Notice No. 145 of 27th July 2017. BUC is located in Bomet County.
EXTERNAL ACADEMIC STAFF
BUC seeks to recruit Adjunct and Visiting Academic Staff in all its Schools. The said staff should be at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer.
For Adjunct and Visiting Staff, BUC targets people in academic, research, employment or professional practice outside the university, who would add value to departments in which they seek engagement with respect to their commercial, industrial or professional experience. They must also demonstrate extraordinary skills as a result of their experience and professional standing. Engagement of Adjunct and Visiting staff will therefore, be undertaken at an individual basis depending on the niche area.
Interested applicants are requested to visit the Commission for University Education (CUE) for details on such positions.
Lecturer BUC Scale 12
1.a). Must have a Doctorate degree or its academic equivalent from a recognized accredited institution.
b). Must have MMed./MDS/MPharm Specialist training with at least 3 years teaching experience at University level or in research or in industry.
2. A minimum of twenty four (24) publications points, of which at least 16 should be from refereed journal paper.
3. Evidence of evaluated effective teaching.
4. Been registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable).
1. Teaching and assessing courses in one’s discipline at both undergraduate and graduate level;
2. Supervising undergraduate projects and another experiential learning programmes;
3. Supervising dissertations/theses at the graduate level.
4. Participating in the development of undergraduate and graduate courses;
5. Initiating, promoting and participating in research projects;
6. Publishing in refereed Journals;
7. Providing professional and community services;
8. Initiate linkages and fundraising; and
9. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITIONS
All applicants must satisfy the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 30th November, 2020. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to:
The Principal, Bomet University College, P.O Box 701-20400, BOMET.
Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.