Enwealth Financial Services Ltd. is an innovative and customer centric social security financial services company licensed by the Retirement Benefits Authority (Kenya), the Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (Uganda) and the Financial Services Commission (Mauritius) to provide administration services. We are currently providing Administration and Accounting Services to over 150 corporate clients with operational reach in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, South Sudan, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, Mauritius, Ghana, Malawi and Botswana. The total assets under our administration is approximately USD.700 million.
Mission and Purpose of Enwealth: Economic empowerment through innovative financial solutions.
Vision of Enwealth: A lifetime of financial wellbeing and dignity
We are looking for two qualified and competent candidates to fill the positions of Legal and Compliance Assistant to provide Legal Support to the Company for effective operations and productivity, detailed responsibilities, qualifications and desired skills and attributes are as below
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Assistant
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Department: Legal and Compliance
Reports to: Ass. Manager, Legal & Compliance
Direct Reports: Legal Interns
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Draft and Review of various legal agreements and documentations; as well as facilitation of execution and filing with the relevant regulatory authorities;
2. Ensure compliance and adherence of various regulations by various Pension schemes.
3. Ensure minutes are written professionally, signed and filled within deadlines;
4. Arrange Member Education Forums and Annual General Meetings of Retirement Benefits Schemes;
5. Draft and circulate written resolutions for the Board of Trustees of Retirement Benefits Schemes;
6. Respond to information requests from members of retirement benefits schemes which many be of legal nature;
7. Undertake development of concept papers that are of legal nature while providing consultancy services to clients;
8. Offer Legal Training Whenever required during the company Training Programme
9. Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
1. Current Clients
2. The Regulatory Authorities
6. Board of Directors
Compliance of the business
How you work
1. You will work generally independently with guidance from Pensions Admin Head and the Managing Director
2. You will need to make judgements and recommendation on own initiative to meet expected requirements
3. You will need to synchronize demands and priorities which could be conflicting.
Requisite Skills, Qualifications and Experience
1. A Bachelor of Laws Degree (L.L.B)
2. Diploma in Law Successful Completion Advocates Training Programme
3. 2 years’ experience in a busy legal environment
4. Good communication skills
5. Good presentation and negotiation skills
4. Great attention to detail to ensure accurate and timely service and information.
5. You require strong analytical skills and computer literacy
6. You require maturity in handling confidential information.
7. Assertiveness approach to ensure timely delivery of service to clients.
How to apply
Interested candidates should provide an application letter with detailed CV including present position, current and expected remuneration, names, addresses and phone contacts of three (3) referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Enwealth is an equal opportunity employer.