- Promptly answering inquiries (internal and external).
- Handling sensitive information securely and professionally.
- Dealing with stakeholders
- Communicating clear and concise information to internal and external customers/shareholders.
- Maintaining and safeguarding departmental documents/records as well as creating and maintain trackers for legal documents and other resources.
- Assist the Group CS in effectively scheduling and preparing for Board meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or completion of the Advocate Training Program at the Kenya School of Law.
- Progress towards relevant professional field (Added advantage)
- Up to one (1) years’ relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies
- MS Suite
- Display honesty, transparency, and integrity in all dealings
- Show initiative and meet all deadlines with high quality work
- Demonstrate good communication skills (written and oral) and teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer Proficient
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/job-application/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on 22nd October, 2021. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 19th November, 2021 consider your application unsuccessful.