DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing legal advice to clients.
- Conducting research on legal issues.
- Legal awareness and education to clients.
- Maintaining a calendar of all legal deadlines and appointments and any other significant legal dates.
- Ensuring safe custody of and keeping a register of all company statutory records, contracts and leases.
- Advising the Company, its management and other employees in the course of their work for the company.
- Updating management on all changes occurring in the Law from time to time that affect the operations of the company.
- Negotiating and drafting legal documents which include contractual agreements.
- Any other duty as assigned by the management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Fluency in verbal and written English and Kiswahili.
- Be proficient in computer skills.
- Willingness to accept feedback to improve individual performance on the job.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to maintain high professional relationship with colleagues.
- Strong Legal analysis skills.·
- Diploma in Law.
- Excellent writing skills are mandatory- presentation of previous written work is an added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of modern information, communication and technology systems.