Law Degree from a recognized reputable University
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Safaricom Investment Co-operative (SIC) is an investment cooperative that pursues joint investment for its members, through real estate investments, Marketable security, and Private Equity. The society seeks to transform the economic and social wellbeing of our investors through prudent, sustainable and investment decisions anchored on 4 pillars; financial growth and sustainability, increased member mobilization, improved internal processes and strengthening institutional capacity.
About The Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Head of Legal & Company Secretary to lead our legal team and support the company in ensuring our customers receive top-notch service. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a legal strategy, overseeing all legal matters within the company, and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and laws. They should also be able to develop the department’s Legal Risk Matrix.
All applicants should send their applications via the link and all documents sent should be PDF.
- Provide expert legal advice and support to the company on a wide range of legal issues, including commercial transactions, contracts, regulatory compliance, and risk management.
- Lead the legal team and provide guidance and support to team members to ensure they can meet the demands of their role.
- Manage litigation matters ongoing in court and liaise with external counsels.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in legislation and ensure that the company is informed of any changes that may affect its operations.
- Advise the management and the board on Legal and compliance issues.
- Ensure board resolutions are documented and filed in line with SIC bylaws.
- Constantly review the society bylaws/ policies and advise the board on pertinent issues that may need to be changed.
- Keep an action log of board activities and ensure resolutions are adopted by various owners.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws governing the operations of societies, including company law, employment law, and health and safety legislation.
- Act as Company Secretary and be responsible for ensuring that the company complies with its legal obligations and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the management of the company's legal files and ensure that all legal documentation is properly filed and maintained.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, including government bodies, ministry officials, industry associations, and other relevant organizations.
- Law Degree from a recognized reputable University
- An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya in good standing with the Law Society of Kenya
- Registered Certified Public Secretary and a member in good standing with the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK)
- Strong experience in a similar role, ideally within the real estate industry.
- Excellent legal knowledge and expertise, with a thorough understanding of commercial law and regulation.
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a legal team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.