Vacancy advertisement: Legal officer and council secretary GaU scale 12
LEGAL OFFICER AND COUNCIL SECRETARY GU SCALE 12
- Serving as secretary to the council and all its committees
- Guiding the council on the Key governance and compliance issues
- Recording and circulating minutes of the council
- Acting as custodian of the seal, minutes and various records to ensure conformity with regulations
- Proactively promoting good governance in all committees
- Providing guidance to the council and all its committees about its responsibilities and accountabilities under the universities’ act, charter and statutes
- Ensuring that the council and its committees adopt best practices in all their work
- Working closely with the Vice Chancellor to ensure that council meetings and business are conducted efficiently and compliance with relevant legislation
- Advising the vice Chancellor on matters that require legal expertise in the management of the university.
- Control and co-ordination of the University legal affa
- The officer shall be the Chief Legal Advisor of the University Management and Council.
- Drafting of legal documents and handling cases involving the University and advising the University on all legal matte
- Ensure University legal and regulatory frameworks are legally compliant through constant review.
- Interpret and implement University Statutes, Terms and Conditions of Service, Collective Agreements and other documents that are legally binding.
- Bachelor of Law Degree from a recognized university
- A master’s Degree in Law or Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Certified Public Secretary and A member of ICPSK with a valid practicing certificate
- Fully computer illiterate
- Proven Knowledge of corporate regulatory and company law, rules and norms
- At least 3 years’ experience as practicing company secretary in a law firm or other corporate body
- Compliant with chapter six requirement, Applicants to immediately acquire self-clearance papers from HELB, KRA,Police certificate of good conduct, Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-corruption commission and clearance from a Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)to present during the interview.
For more details,please visit our website:www.gau.c.ke
Youth, Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
P.O. Box 1801-70100
Garissa University is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of both gender and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.