The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, proactive, and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Linguistic support to translation projects in the organisation,
- Conduct field research on Language Development Needs,
- Work closely with the relevant local communities in the language development process,
- Provide specialized help to translation teams in the areas of phonology and orthography,
- Provide training for translators on linguistics, literacy, and translation-related work,
- Assist the Literacy Coordinator in material development and editing.
- Must be a born again Christian with a good Christian standing,
- A Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, or a Bachelor’s degree in Education specializing in English/Literature or Kiswahili,
- Knowledge and/or experience in linguistics analysis,
- Ability to travel and carry out field research,
- Excellent report writing and computer skills.
Applications with a detailed CV, copies of certificates, and three referees (Professional, Social, and Church), Office and mobile telephone contacts for both applicant and referees to be submitted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted