DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK, FISHERIES AND COOPERATIVES
7. Livestock Production Officer Job Group K (2 Posts)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing technical advice in animal production, Livestock Marketing, Range Management, Apiculture and ranching;
• Promoting economic Livestock Farming;
• Participating in organizing extension activities which include field days, Agricultural shows, Field demonstrations, Farmer field schools and farm visits.
• Participating in collaborative research activities;
• Disseminating Livestock Production technologies such as construction of Livestock housing and structures, Milk production, Pasture and Fodder production and conservation, Farm Planning, Gross Margin analysis, On-Farm feed formulation;
• Implementing livestock production programmes/projects in areas such as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry, rabbits, camels, donkeys breeding programmes, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, apiculture, emerging livestock and other animal husbandry interventions
• Capturing Maintaining and storing livestock data
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
• Degree in Animal Science, Animal Production, Animal Husbandry, Agriculture, Food Science and technology, Dairy Science and Technology, Agribusiness, Farm Management, Apiculture, Range Management or Natural Resource Management from a recognized institution
• Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution (added advantage)
• At least one (1) year experience in a comparable and relevant position
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300