Action Against Hunger is looking to fill the position of Logistics Assistant based in Isiolo Office.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
I. Summary of position
Action Against Hunger is looking to fill the position of Logistics Assistant based in Isiolo Office. The position holder is responsible to provide support to base staff, supporting the Logistics Manager and Isiolo Field Coordinator in daily operations in support of the Isiolo Base programs and activities.
· The Logistics Assistant will provide operational support to the Logistics Manager as well as the Isiolo Field Coordinator.
· The Logistics Assistant will also support the Isiolo Field Coordinator as a security focal person in the Isiolo Base, monitoring security situation in ACF areas of operation and reporting all incidents to the Logistics Manager.
· Promote high standards of integrity and accountability on the utilization of organizational resources.
· The Logistics Assistant will be expected to offer technical assistance to Isiolo Base program
· On need basis the Logistics Assistant will be required to engage with external stakeholders such as partners and suppliers.
· Work with the drivers to ensure vehicles are properly maintained and in good condition.
The Logistics Assistant will be expected to support all logistical functions, including but not limited to; procurement, import/clearance, storage, transport, warehousing and distribution of commodities. The Logistics Assistant will also be a security focal point for Isiolo County, monitoring security related reports and advising staff on movement plans
II. Essential job functions
Objective 1: Procurement
· Obtain quotations when necessary and perform negotiations with suppliers for better prices and conditions
· Contribute to maintain the national supplier database up-to-date & to nourish it from existing contracts, as well as market surveys.
· Contribute to improve the reliability of the order follow-up, and its dissemination amongst operational teams.
· Apply the value for money principle throughout the procurement process by implementing sound suppliers/service providers/contractors offers comparison, physical quality check, search for the best prices, etc.
· Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of procurement documentation.
· Review & strengthen the Monthly Procurement follow-up, under the supervision of the Logistics Manager.
· Monitor the contract follow up tracker and prompt renewal of expiring contracts.
· Contribute to build and maintain the local supplier database (at the Base level) up to date. Support building a strategic view of sourcing in the area.
· Support regular and comprehensive market surveys in the Bases.
· Support the quantity and quality check at every step of the supply chain.
· Issue and file stock reception forms upon reception of materials and dispatch to requesting teams/departments and Bases.
Objective 2: Support on Stock & Asset Management:
· Be familiar with all stock procedures as well as administrative procedures.
· Support organization of the stock, based on technical requirements or storage norms.
· Support issuing full documentation of all in and out movements of the goods/commodities (stock in reception forms and waybills).
· Prevent non-authorized in/out of items/commodities from store.
· Support regular inventory of the stock.
· Support the periodic inventories, and clear stock discrepancies in a documented manner;
· Support assets review, and physical inventories;
· Review & strengthen the Monthly asset follow-up per project code, budget line, with a clear location & user for each asset; investigate and document any loss or damage.
· Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of asset documentation
Objective 3: Fleet, transportation & fuel management
· Support in the management of ACF fleet (Fuelling, incident reporting, Driver management and Vehicle use reporting)
· Support fleet reviews, and fleet prospects under the Logistics Manager's supervision (market surveys, fleet analysis, etc.)
· Support the implementation of user-friendly tools for movements & maintenance planning;
· Review & strengthen the Monthly Motorized asset report under the CLM supervision, with logistics teams.
· Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of fleet & transportation documentation.
Objective 4: Reporting and Analysis
· Compile & consolidate Mission Monthly Logistics Reports from the Bases the share with Logistics Manager
· Submit weekly procurement reports to the Logistics Manager
· Analyse fuel consumption reports from Bases and reports where there are irregularities as well as advise on areas of improvement
· Prepare and share with Logistics Manager, Finance Head of Department and/or Country Director all pre-final & final donors reports needed according to donor’s guidelines;
· Prepare annual security and Logistics reports as requested by Coordination office.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
· Base Drivers
IV. Physical Demands
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
V. Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
· The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
· Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business travel as well as to the country offices if appropriate. Based on the country office needs, the time spent on field trips will be a minimum of a quarter of his/her working time. While visiting the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well is to infectious diseases.
VI. Gender Equality Commitments & Zero Tolerance to Abuse
• Foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
• Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
· Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all stakeholders, particularly for children, beneficiaries, and members of staff.
· Help to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment and sexual abuse and exploitation.
• Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
• Value and respect all cultures.
VII. Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
· Bachelor's degree in supply chain & Logistics Management or other relevant academic studies.
· Membership with CIPS (UK) and/or Membership of KISM will be an added advantage.
VIII. Required Skills & Competencies
· At least 4-6 years experience in similar assignments with busy international NGO preferred.
· Previous INGO experience in staff management, Logistics, finance and project follow-up.
· Ability to work under pressure while multi-tasking.
· Results-driven and demonstrable ability to set and communicate goals and ensure effective and appropriate decision making and problem-solving.
· Good team player, able to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate and influence.
· Fluent in English (professional English needed).
· Good general knowledge in the field of IT, mechanics, radio & satellite communications.
· Possession of a driving license is an added advantage.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured