Our business is looking for a talented and qualified Logistics intern to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for all supply chain management duties including selecting carriers, researching shipping methods, assessing budgets, and be able to handle incoming and outgoing products
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations and carriers (Drivers and Employees). In addition to having excellent organizational skills, you should also, possess in-depth knowledge of logistics computer systems.
• Receiving incoming shipments and preparing outgoing shipments.
• Developing and communicating shipment schedules.
• Liaising with vendors and carrier services to coordinate logistics and timelines.
• Assisting customers and resolving shipment issues and complaints.
• Preparing and maintaining shipment paperwork, records, and digital databases.
• Performing additional duties as needed.
• Select carriers and negotiate contracts and rates.
• Plan, monitor, and inspect inbound and outgoing deliveries.
• Organize deliveries, plot routes, and process shipments.
• Respond to any issues or complaints.
• Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
• Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
• Evaluate budgets and expenditures.
• Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
• Answering customer queries.
• Monitoring shipments, costs, timelines, and productivity.
• Addressing and resolving shipment and inventory issues.
• Diploma in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or relevant field.
• Solid understanding of logistics computer software.
• Outstanding analytical, problem-solving and organizational abilities.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and logistics software.
• Good management, organizational skills and teamwork skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Sound knowledge of shipping processes and metrics.
• Ability to handle and maneuver fragile stock with ease
• Capacity to perform your duties diligently, particularly during stressful periods.