- Reports to: Logistics Supervisor
- Location: Distribution Centre
- Purpose: To coordinate logistics at the Distribution Centre, documents, and other materials: overseeing the stock of all items to prevent stock-outs, and coordinating movements of stock in and out of the Distribution Centre
- Job’s Responsibilities
- Analyze stock levels and needs to ensure consistent minimum stock levels are met at Distribution Centre both of products and other needed materials
- Handle arrival of containers received from Asia
- Arrange transfer of products between African countries
- Dispose damaged stock
- Maintain warehouse equipment and furniture
- Description of tasks
- Check stock daily and weekly, with a complete periodic stock count.
- Check type and quantity of products as they enter and leave the Distribution Centre
- Coordinate with Logistics and Repair Manager to ensure supply of spare parts and products
- Prepare weekly route plans for stocks replenishments for various selling points attached to the Distribution Centre.
- Activate products as needed for the logistics route
- Assist in troubleshooting activation problems through escalation.
- Provide feedback to Head of Logistics for improvements to processes and systems
- Person specification
· Must have a university degree in Procurement and Supply Chain.
· 3 years proven warehousing experience with value adding activities.
· Familiar with various known WMS.
· Excellent skills in preparing stock reports & procurement work plans.
· Knowledge of shipping procedures/documentation is an added advantage.
- Members of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) will have an added advantage.