He/she will be responsible for overseeing the smooth operation of courier work and identifying areas of potential operational improvements. The ideal candidate Must have at least 5 years’ experience as an operations manager and proven experience managing warehousing and logistics operations.
• Optimise all processes with a focus on continuous improvement, aligning warehousing and logistics with demand.
• Manage individual and team performance, identifying and addressing staff development needs.
• Ensure appropriate manning levels and core competencies are in line with business needs.
• Plan the production and despatch of goods in a cost-effective and timely manner.
• Effectively plan warehousing to optimise space availability, ensuring safe storage, clear identification and efficient retrieval of goods.
• Follow relevant KPI’s and implement a process of measurement, review and reporting.
• Drive efficiencies and cost-down initiatives with key suppliers.
• Negotiate and maintain relationships with couriers and freight forwarders.
• Always manage and maintain legal requirements regarding health and safety.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years as an Operations Manager in the logistics industry.
• Proven experience in managing a warehousing and logistics operation within a busy logistics environment.
• Relevant Health and Safety knowledge.
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to deliver first-class business solutions.
• Able to motivate, organise and encourage individual and team performance to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
• Leads by example and efficiently deals with all people management issues.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills, strong attention to detail and an ability to work to timescales and meet deadlines.
• Numerate, analytical and IT literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Can professionally respond to and deal with customer communication, by email and telephone.
• Honest, reliable and personable team player willing to ‘pitch in’ as required.
• Confident and highly competent in liaising with customers, suppliers and couriers.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 30th November 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***