ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working with our program-embedded Logistics team presents the opportunity to improve the lives our thousands of farm families. Distribution is fundamental to the core model of One Acre Fund and the Logistics team works specifically to ensure this cost-efficient and professional rural delivery system. The Logistics Associate will play an important role in the team that achieves delivery of millions of kilograms of goods each year directly to hundreds of thousands of farm families across Kenya. You will report to the Logistics Program Manager and manage directly 2-3 staff members (overall team having close to 20 team members).
- Season Input Distribution: planning and setting up hundreds of market points in rural areas.
- Coordinate delivery fulfillment for a growing network of One Acre Fund retail stores across rural Kenya
- Be a lynch-pin coordinator between departments for major annual One Acre Fund distribution processes.
- Manage a team of warehouse and logistics professionals.
- Build a managing a network of 3rd party service providers including transportation, warehousing, and input suppliers.
- Implement scalable procedures to allow our program model to grow as we expand our geographic density and reach.
- Provide insights on performance of Logistics operations to ensure data-driven improvements of our operations.
- Oversee inventory and demand coordination with procurement teams
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in supply chain, logistics, or other operational management.
- Ability to quickly review, summarize, analyze and communicate data.
- Bachelor's Degree: related degrees in Supply Chain Management, applied mathematics, systems engineering, or operational management are desirable.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work and enthusiasm for learning.
- Experience building teams and working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: Fluent English is a requirement. Knowledge of Swahili or regional Kenyan languages is desirable.
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.