• Function : Production
• Country : Qatar
• Location : Mesaieed
• Manager: Supervisor – Production
Areas of responsibility
• To handle the machine, all raw materials, toolings (dies), tools & tackles, consumable items & machine output product on “On Ownership basis” with utmost care.
• To operate the machine independently as per the work instructions & setting parameters. To work logically “Perform right first time every time”.
• To produce conforming product to relevant standards and in house guidelines as given in the machine schedule, and meet the daily machine target as given by planning.
• Performs and verifies that the quality of the product produced from the machine meets relevant quality standards in coordination with Quality department. Plots the measured value in the control chart. Ensures all products produced are provided with all information in the product identification tag along with the status.
• Records necessary production process and quality data in relevant documents for all output of the machine. Informs Supervisor and records in production sheet in case of non conforming product/s generated from the machine and takes corrective action immediately.
• Handles and maintains the toolings such as dies, and correction guide rollers in order to support Die Shop Section.
• Assists and reports to Supervisors and Foremen on day to day basis.
• Gives feedback to Supervisors / Foremen, Engineers and Manager (when needed) about the quality of the raw materials and consumable items, unsolved process-related issues, environment and safety issues, elements for continuous improvement and pending implementations of preventive action measures relevant to the machine.
• Adheres strictly to all environment-related pollution issues by ensuring that releases or leakages to air, water or ground are under control in his assigned machines.
• Adheres and follows segregation of hazardous and non-hazardous materials by using the scrap and disposal bins properly.
• Strictly follows all safety rules and regulations of the machine and the general safety guidelines of the company.
• Coordinates with maintenance personnel during machinery breakdowns and planned preventive maintenance.
• Assists Logistics Section in reviewing the raw materials stock and in-process semi-finished goods stock pertaining to the machine as needed.
• Acts as a Trainer to newly hired Operators in the respective machines by teaching how to operate it safely and productively. Provides training on special processes such as welding of GS wire, GS Tape and Copper Tape, etc.
• Safe work practice at the machine ensuring good housekeeping of his workplace
• Productivity in his assigned machine to meet targets before the deadline in compliance with Nexans’ quality standards, norms and specifications with less scrap
Required skills and qualifications
• Production Planning and Monitoring
• Application of Standards
• Deployment and Monitoring of Key Indicators
• Team Work
• A minimum of 2-3 years experience in electrical cable machines
• Certified from Industrial Training Institutes after Secondary School or Pre-degree
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Legible Handwriting
• Knowledge of Fundamental Principles, practices and procedures of Assembling / Armouring and Taping / Screening Machine