The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, results oriented and committed to continuous improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice in line with our Strategic Plan (2019-2024).
Maintenance Liaison Assistant REF: TNH/HRD/MLA/09/21
Reporting to Head of Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day business needs and the administrative requirements of the Engineering Department by demonstrating strong business judgment, professional etiquette, confidentiality, initiative and independence, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain, enhance, and develop, on a daily basis, the existing Nairobi Hospital Policies relevant to Engineering Department and identify the need for new policy gaps to help streamline operations of the department and the cross-cutting roles with other departments.
• Ensure that the departments’ business operations and activities are organized and moving forward. Be a self-starter who can recognize where processes can be improved and take the initiative to improve them.
• Effectively collaborate with a variety of people and job functions, accomplishing tasks of moderate to high-complexity and scope.
• Analyse and anticipate the needs of the Head of Engineering, and their direct reports, team members in the department and their projects, which means you acquire thorough knowledge of Engineering Department at The Nairobi Hospital.
• Provide strategic support, as circumstances demand such as evaluating data, researching on topics, participating in policy development or resolving operational issues with the Head of Departments guidance.
• Establish a more cost effective and efficient engineering department with greater client satisfaction by developing database management skills and becoming proficient in the use of new systems as they are introduced.
• Handle complex and extensive array of administrative tasks of broad and varied nature to relieve management and department heads routine administrative details.
• Exercise considerable discretion and independent judgment in facilitating overall departmental operations.
• Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations and help define new operational strategies.
• Assist in the preparation of departmental budgets and control expenditure by ensuring a centralized approval process for departmental tasks.
• Support processes such as creation of data bases and digitizing data systems.
• Provide leadership
o Strategy implementation in the department.
o Processes streamlining in the department.
o Support and guidance to other supervisors on behalf of the head of department.
o Achievement of set objective.
o Timely services to the internal and external clients.
o Ensuring the relevant communication within the department and with other hospital departments.
• Management of the department in terms of
o Admin assistant roles.
o Assignment of roles to other supervisors as guided by the head of department or on self-initiated leadership recognition.
o Assist the Head of department in managing annual leaves.
o Assist the Head of Department in managing staff sick offs.
o Handle front office operations and correspondence for the department.
o Enforce ethics, professional standards and other guidelines provided by the hospital management.
o Call for meeting on behalf of/ in consultation with the head of department and take minutes.
• Resource management
o Record unit inventories and stocks.
o Supplies management for the department.
• Staffing management
o Discipline and grievance handling.
o Provide support and guidance to engineering department ensuring that disciplinary issues are handled professionally in consultation with the head of department.
o Performance management appraisals for all staff are conducted by the head of engineering and supervisors.
• Performance Management
o Assist the Head of Engineering in planning, coaching and evaluations.
o Assist the Head of Engineering in managing rewards for satisfactory performance and corrective measures for unsatisfactory performance.
o Staff profiling.
• Quality Management
o Participate in training programs offered by the hospital and to continually develop skills and acquire additional knowledge appropriate to this position.
• General Management
o Participates in overall management of the Hospital, via sitting in management team meetings and advisory committees / teams as instructed by the Head of Engineering.
o Perform management roles and duties on behalf of and for the Head of Engineering as directed or as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Business Administration.
• Basic computer skills, especially in word processing, PowerPoint and spreadsheets.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience as a Front Office Administrator.
• Results oriented.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Decisive in decision making.
• Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff and members of the public and present a professional and positive image.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, show initiative, and anticipate needs in a proactive manner.
• Ability to acquire an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the relevant areas of business.
• Ability to prioritize and plan work assignments to meet conflicting deadlines.
• Flexibility and ability to stand in for the head of engineering when required to do so or is necessary.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain discretion and strict confidentiality.
• Good interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills.
• An honest person full of integrity in your personal conduct and handling of job responsibilities.
• High standards of grooming and personal etiquette.
• Possess the attitude to make patient care the primary concern.
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials, and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 1st October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Head of Human Resources
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100