The position is responsible for leading and managing all Plant machinery and equipment maintenance to ensure reliability and flexibility for maximum utilization in production line with safety while maintaining the quality standards and will be reporting to the Factory Manager.
- Developing and implementing maintenance plans for Plant equipment and Machinery
- Ensuring preventive maintenance by using information provided to guide action
- Scheduling and ensuring statutory inspections to the required standards
- Managing and optimizing maintenance of spares Inventory
- Ensuring machine safety and product quality
- Developing, training, motivating and evaluating departmental staff to achieve highest levels of performance
- Identifying, implementing and bench marking for best practices in plant and equipment maintenance
- Plan and oversee all repairs and installation activities.
- Managing and monitoring expenses and controlling budget for maintenance.
- Manage relationship with contractors and service providers.
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Allocate workload to all maintenance personnel.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Plan and schedule all machine services and overhauls.
- Minimum diploma in plant mechanical and electrical engineering
- Knowledge working with expellers is an added advantage.
- Over 3 Years’ experience in a busy Manufacturing or processing industry in the same position.
- Above 35 years of Age
- Ability to identify areas of improvement on equipment operation and maintenance processes
- Have solid analytical and structured problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate good knowledge in the operation and maintenance of utility equipment’s e.g. expellers, Standby Generators, dryers, pasteurizers etc.
- Conversant with safe engineering work practices, correct usage of tools, maintenance equipment and automatic equipment controls.
- Strong communication ability both written and verbal
- Good people management skills