REPORTS TO: TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR
This position is responsible for support of efficient running of the plant and machinery. This includes Factory machines, Utilities, and other support facilities for the African Coffee Roasters (EPZ) This position will also be responsible for training for new and existing machine operators on use of the machines and basic maintenance.
● To ensure all machines are serviced as indicated on the preventive schedule and job card well filled and filed.
● Check on the existing projects and ensure they are completed on scheduled time.
● Undertake the size change on the machine and document.
● Assist in Control and adjust machine settings.
● Attend to breakdown have the user fill the breakdown form before commencement of service / repair and after the work and machine / equipment is handed over.
● To ensure cleanliness in the workshop and service workstation.
● Ensure the observation of hygiene and food safety management during servicing/ repair of the machine.
● To make sure that the machines are running at the optimum speed and to deliver the quality output.
● To periodically monitor the machine and equipment’s to ensure its running at optimum speed.
● To maintain a schedule of stock in coordination with the Technical Supervisor.
● To assist in receiving spares when the Technical supervisor is not around.
● Monitor machine performance and make a report to the technical supervisor for analysis of the performance and possible improvements.
● To coordinate with the technical supervisor by ensuring minor and major servicing of machines carried by external contractors is done as per the scope in contract.
● Monitoring inspection and calibration of machines and equipment’s is valid and reporting to technical supervisor when need be.
● Test operation of machines according to testing schedule.
● To provide daily, weekly, breakdown and service reports to Technical supervisor
● Record all utility readings, compressed air, water, lpg and diesel.
● Maintain activity logs.
● Carrying installation and commission of new of machines and equipment’s as directed by technical supervisor.
● Loading of containers when needed.
● Carry out construction, painting and repairs on office facilities, fixtures, and fittings.
● Any other tasks as may be given by the technical supervisor and suitably required by staff.
● Be a member of relevant committees in the organization
Health & safety
● To ensure safety of the staff visitors and contractors working in the plant and adhere to all safety standards set by the company and the machine manufacturers.
● Ensure to operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
● Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
● Report, record hazards and health and safety issues within the plant to the Technical supervisor and record in technical white board to have a date to have it sorted.
● Plan and or attend training as required by ACR health & safety and food safety certification policies.
● Implement the food safety management and other certification systems in the area of responsibility.
● Participates in external audit programs and internal audits for their respective area of operation.
● Participates in staff training programs as required by ACR human resource policies.