- Ensure that the general functions of the accounts department are run smoothly
- Assist the Chief Accountant in the preparation and collection of accurate data for Budget preparation.
- Overseeing the preparation of the monthly management reports.
- Ensuring that the management report is timely and accurate.
- Reconciliation of Ledger accounts (manage the general Ledger) by ensuring accurate and complete entries are passed by other departmental staff.
- Thorough knowledge of product costing to achieve accurate and reliable cost.
- Managing and supervising other departmental staff by ensuring that assigned responsibilities and tasks are acted upon.
- Reviewing and ensuring Full end-of-month procedures are effected.
- Assist in the timely preparation of the end-of-year audit.
- Ensure that all fixed assets are safeguarded through asset tagging by the responsible staff in the department.
- Ensure that the internal controls and procedures in place are effected. Help in identifying problems requiring managerial action. Escalate where controls are not being followed.
- Review the debtors and creditors list for the month for accuracy.
Key Measures of performance
- Accurate and timely monthly management information reports
- Assessing the internal controls and escalating where they are not being followed.
- Acting on behalf of the Chief Accountant
- Assist the Chief Accountant in ensuring timely completion of the audit exercise
- Reconciliation of the General Ledger
- Accurate costing of products
- Review monthly reconciliation of Ledger accounts by other departmental staff
- Review reconciliation of suppliers and debtors' accounts.
- Ensure revenue leakages are minimized through adherence to internal controls and procedures.
- Compliance with both financial regulations and financial procedure
- IT skills and prior use and knowledge of SAGE is a must
- Excellent budgeting and product costing skills
- Cost accounting knowledge
- Ability to work as a team player
- Good analytical & numerical ability and attention to details.
- Good oral and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Academic, Professional qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Must have sound knowledge and at least five(5) years experience in a Supervisory role
- SAGE System working experience will be an added advantage