Employer: AN INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS COMPANY
Ref No: SGK-MA/OF-08-2021
Job Category: MANAGEMENT
• Industry related certificate/ diploma freight forwarding /logistics. EACFFPC / KRATI/ KESRA certification. Good knowledge on INCO terms.
• Special cargo handling. Reporting to the chief executive officer, manager air/ocean freight main role is to develop air/ocean freight with a focus on product development, revenue growth and operational excellence.
• Support the management team in building strong brand equity through competitive product offerings and providing high levels of service delivery with customer focus. Create and developing the brand position and increasing client base.
• Experience and full understanding of airfreight, sea and road freight clearance procedures. Minimum of 8-15 years’ experience in freight forwarding.
• Experience 3-7 years of heading a team.
Other duties include: -
• Actively pursues growth opportunities in coordination with regional product for enhancing air /ocean freight business and developing new areas in line with regional plan and strategy.
• Builds business relationships with carriers and negotiates competitive rates with carriers for ocean/air shipments. Effective usage of qm and npc, responsible to ensure rate cloud remains updated and has market competitive rates for improving freight yields.
• Maintain an active sales pipeline and manage this pipeline through one view.
• Supports the sales function in the sales process through customer site visits, contract discussions and negotiating favorable rates with carriers.
• Delivers market weekly and monthly reports, data, and research, market intelligence to regional and country director highlighting business performance, competitive offerings and customer expectations. Proactively monitors and assesses competitor initiatives; take tactical actions to counter, protect and enhance the company’s brand equity.
• Works closely with all relevant stakeholders (country & regional) departments through regular meetings to ensure information exchange.
• Assist in the procurement and pricing of tenders, maintaining clear visibility on tenders & rate requests of win / loss ratio.
• Provide monthly management updates, reporting and statistics (volumes, kpis).
• To ensure targeted growth is achieved by coordinating the sales and procurement elements in a focused manner on strategically important trade lanes and attending monthly trade lane con-calls.
• Make sure global/ regional/ local carrier strategy is implemented at a country level and track carrier performance and evaluation. Assist in the preparation of annual plan, ensure clarity on the build-up of revenue numbers and provide effective plans to achieve the same.
• Ownership of the product p&l and accountable to the product performance to plan and forecast. Work closely with country sales managers to build a strong link to sales & identify opportunities for product development.
• Pro-actively seek out new business opportunities whilst identifying opportunities for growth within existing business.
• Review and establishes operational procedures in tandem with the operations team to ensure the team is equipped to deal with the business and customer requirements as per defined process.
• Oversee the operations team to ensure timely completion of contractual obligations as agreed with the customers; ensures all contractual kpi’s are achieved.
• Reviews and tracks progress against kpi; analyses reports, recommends changes to existing plan.
• Recommends corrective actions for deviations and implements capa.
• Develops team work, demonstrates shared goals and values; provide leadership guidance and support to all staff with proper on time training and coaching.
• Ensure product training is delivered to the field sales team by way of undertaking both joint sales calls and in house sales training seminars.
• Any other related duties / projects assigned by the direct supervisor from time to time to meet the business needs.
Salary: KSHS. 100,000 - 200,000 PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS