DEPARTMENT: Investigation & Enforcement
- This role is responsible for coordinating and managing customs and fraud investigation cases in a view to enhance customs and tax compliance.
- Supervise the conduct of investigations to detect, deter and disrupt customs and tax fraud
- Lead, supervise and direct multiple investigation teams in the investigation process –
- Allocate cases, review work plan and schedules to ensure timely preparation and accountability
- Coordinate field assignments to obtain relevant evidence and information to fulfil the objective of the investigation.
- Review reports from the teams, identify and recommend improvement areas to ensure set objectives in the investigation are met
- Compounding of cases under the relevant taxation legislation and forward for an issuance of demand notice on tax payable
- Prepare technical and tactical reports to management to seal customs tax loopholes in the Law and/or improve tax administration.
- Review of evidence collected and initiate various actions in accordance with the law, policy and procedure.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the unit
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit.
- A university degree in law, business administration, economics or related field from a recognized institution.
- Tax Law, Tax Investigations Operations
- Certified Fraud Examiner ( CFE) certification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in similar role with at least 2 years in management.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 21st January 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.