• Provide technical oversight for analysis and design activities, including review and approval of engineering reports, drawings and specifications.
• Perform analysis and design of low to high complexity for new or existing steel and concrete structures using hand calculations, analysis software or other approved engineering methods.
• Lead the development of standards, guidelines, tools and procedures for use throughout the region.
• Provide technical leadership for major upgrade projects and develop solutions for unique challenges.
• Work with vendors and Supply Chain to optimize existing product designs and develop new products to meet customer demands.
• Lead forensic investigation efforts and document findings in well-organized reports.
• Develop and enforce quality control measures for structural engineering activities and deliverables.
• Provide technical support for engineering software, tools, and other enterprise applications.
• Keep abreast with engineering-related developments in the telecom industry and provide advice to the Head of Engineering, Africa and other relevant stakeholders.
• Train and develop engineers in the principles and practice of engineering, as well as engineering tools.
• Act as a Manager of Engineering resources for markets within the region.
• Supervise and manage the performance of Senior Structural & Structural Engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a related field required.
• Professional engineering license required.
• Preferred experience includes at least one of the following:
o Minimum of seven (7) years in design and analysis of tower structures.
o Minimum of ten (10) years in structural design.
o Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in construction or field engineering for wireless communications structures.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with AutoCAD required.
• Working knowledge of TIA/EIA-222 standard and other relevant steel &concrete standards is a plus.
• Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience required.
• An active member of a professional organization or technical society preferred.
• In-depth knowledge in the analysis and design of steel and concrete structures, as well as the development of construction drawings and specifications, including tower analysis software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational, planning and project management skills.
• Strong leadership skills as well as strategic and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of construction methods, as well and health and safety requirements.
Monthly gross salary: Competitive package depending on skills and experience.
Position Level: Executive level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 21st June 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***