DEPARTMENT: Corporate Support Services (CSSD)
DIVISION: Human Resources
SECTION/UNIT: Manpower Planning & Resourcing
- This role is responsible for handling recruitment and deployments for the authority, these include promotions, upgrading and placements.
- Manage all the Authority's recruitment activities which include advertising, short listing, screening, interviewing the qualified candidates and deploying the successful officers to the requesting departments.
- Ensure effective and efficient service delivery of the Employee Resourcing function of the Human Resources Division
- Recruitment and retention of diverse staff of the highest calibre, including staff with specialized talent aligned with priorities included in 7th Corporate Plan
- Ensure equity, transparency, efficiency and consistency are established in the recruitment of staff, and the measurable results and impacts of recruiting efforts of the Section are fully evaluated
- Oversee due diligence/background checks with relevant educational institutions, and previous employers where applicable, to verify authenticity of certificates or information received, prior to submitting recommendations to C-CSS/CG for approval.
- Monitor vacant posts of assigned level/group and ensures adherence to policies and procedures in filling these posts.
- Recommend guidelines on promotion and placement of staff
- Oversee preparation of vacancy announcements, reviews applications for submission to the shortlisting panels
- Ensure compliance with the statutory and legislative requirements.
- Oversee the process of staff confirmation, acting appointment and promotions.
- Manage the staff orientation process.
- Review, develop sound Recruitment policies in line with the relevant Acts and Authority's corporate culture.
- Continuous analysis of diversity status, including gender and provide strategic support to increase diversity and identification of solutions or mitigating measures
- Develop annual recruitment plans
- Proactively coordinate with Regional Offices with a view to identifying their recruitment needs and appropriate solutions
- Prepare all documentation for recruitments and ensure quality control of documentation
- Provide technical advice, guidance and support to clients on recruitment
- Develop and monitor the recruitment budget.
- Design, develop and maintain the recruitment process in the organization
- Explore the market best practices in the recruitment and staffing and implement appropriate best practices in the Authority
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the unit
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit.
- A degree in Human Resource Management or related field from a recognized institution.
- Post graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
- Membership to a Professional Body – IHRM
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in a similar role.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th March 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)