TAVEVO Water and Sewerage Company Limited is a water service provider incorporated by an Act of Parliament Cap 486 of 2002 to provide clean potable water and sewerage services to the residents of Taita-Taveta County. To achieve this, we invite applications from suitable qualified and experienced candidates with excellent credentials to fill the following position:
NO. OF POSITIONS
TERMS OF SERVICE
Three (3) years Contract
The candidate will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Tavevo Water and Sewerage Company Limited, positioning it for rapid growth and leading cultural transformation. The person appointed shall head the management team and shall oversee the company’s functions and operations.
(S)He will ensure implementation of the Board of Director’s decisions as well as establish long-term goals, strategies, plans and policies that are aimed at improving performance, service delivery, attaining growth and improving operational efficiency.
Reporting to the Board of Directors.
1. Developing for approval of the Board of Director’s, strategic and business plans, including annual work-plans, budget and performance targets,
2. Providing strategic leadership and direction, including the management and development of the human resources of the company
3. Planning, coordinating and implementing all activities of the company in line with the policies and directives approved by the Board of Directors
4. Ensuring proper management, operational efficiency and corporate reporting requirement of the company
5. Ensuring regulatory compliance and implementation of high standards of internal controls and procedures
6. Driving Business automation to leverage on technology and improve on operational efficiency, effectiveness and business growth
7. Identifying and developing innovative solutions to increase water and sanitation coverage
8. Leading a cultural transformation and organizational restructuring to position the utility as a leader in the water sector.
9. Communicating and liaising with the regulators, and keeping the other key stakeholders, promptly and fully informed;
10. Engaging with and successfully managing strategic relationships with the County Government, the Board of directors, regulatory bodies,
11. Communicating and liaising with the regulators, and keeping the county government, the Board of Director’s and other key stakeholders, promptly and fully informed;
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for this Role
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil or Water) or Finance or Economics, or Business Management or Environmental science from a recognized university
• A postgraduate qualification in Project Management or Finance management or Strategic management
• Be registered with the relevant professional body and be a member of good standing in the current year
• Be in possession of corporate governance training
• Possess a minimum of 5 (Five) years’ experience in utility management or service industry, 3 (three) of which should be in senior management
• Should have extensive knowledge and experience of the water sector and water sector reforms and laws governing water and sanitation service provision in Kenya
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with highly demonstrable competencies in strategy formulation and implementation, building shared vision, championing customer focus and managing people in a multi-cultural environment
• Should possess good knowledge on ethics, governance and operations of Water Company
• Possess excellent knowledge of IT Systems
• Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal Act, procurement rules and guidelines
• Be a Kenyan Citizen
• Candidates must attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity by obtaining clearance from higher education loans board (HELB), Directorate of criminal Investigation (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Accredited Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), and Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC).
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters together with CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials addressed to:
The Managing Director
TAVEVO Water and Sewerage Co. Ltd
and should send their applications ONLY by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy deliveries are currently being discouraged to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 virus.
Applications should be received on or before 17th December, 2020 at 4.00 p.m
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Candidates found Canvassing will be disqualified
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
TAVEVO Water and Sewerage Company Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.