At least 3 year’s work experience in a similar role
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
VICTORY FARMS KENYA:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish platform on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion
Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish platform, and
the largest Fish platform in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria, and
distribution capacity throughout Kenya while we build operations in Lake Kivu in Rwanda as well through
our sister company Kivu Choice. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution,
culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
Marine Boat Technician (Homa Bay)
The Marine Boat Technician will be responsible for support of marine planning and service ability of
boats / Badges/ Patrol Boats and standby generators in the assigned station.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Operation of all equipment and machinery onboard
• Carrying daily preventive maintenance of main engines and auxiliaries
• Carries out pre- lake checks and post lake checks
• maintain daily engine room logbooks/registers
• Mount motors to boats and operate boats at various speeds on waterways to conduct operational tests.
• Update Fleetio (Management systems) with hours treading for each engine.
• Participates in stock take, cycle counts of inventory as may be assigned.
• Machinery watch keeping.
• Report defects to the supervisor/manager and maintain defects register for individual equipment in Fleetio (management systems).
• Carries out daily user checks of all machinery and accessories onboard.
• Proper housekeeping of all machinery and machinery spaces.
• Support marine enforcement operations.
• Perform other relevant tasks as instructed by the Lake Logistics Manager.
• At least 3 year’s work experience in a similar role
• Diploma /Certificate in Marine Engineering or related field – Essential.
• Degree in Marine Engineering or related field – Desirable.
• Certification in board and outboard marine engine maintenance – Desirable.
• Basic Knowledge on International Maritime Organization. – Desirable
• Basic knowledge on Microsoft office.
• Knowledge of outboard engine maintenance.
• Knowledge of operation and maintenance of marine engines/equipment
• Oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Adaptability to change.
• Team Player.
• Time management.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Status: Full time
• Location: Homa Bay
• Deadline for Application: 8 December 2023
To apply, please send your updated CV of no more than two pages to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title “Marine Boat Technician” as the subject. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.