Victory Farms Kenya:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
Maritime Security Officer (located in Homa Bay)
In this role, you will be a key member within the Victory Farms Security Department and will report directly to our Security Manager. The main duties of the Maritime security officer (MSO) include implementation and maintenance of the Lake security plan, while working closely with the Security Manager and safeguarding all lake-based assets.
Your four (4) primary responsibilities will consist of:
• Night Patrols of all lake-based assets: To ensure that all VF assets on the lake are always protected.
• Staff Management: To ensure that all lake-based security teams are alert and performing their prescribed duties.
• Response: Responding to all Radar activated alarms.
• Prevention: Implementing and adjusting the security teams on the lake as the need arises.
You will be the primary person responsible for the Lake Security Team ensuring that all security measures are followed. This position requires a trusted, focused, self-motivated person with strong problem-solving skills to improve Security efficiency and must be a team player.
• Implementing and maintaining the Lake security plan.
• Conducting security inspections on the lake at regular intervals of time to ensure that proper security steps are taken.
• Making changes to the Lake security plan if need arise.
• Propose modifications to the lake security plan by taking various aspects of the lake-based operations into consideration.
• Help in security assessments.
• Enhance security awareness and vigilance on the lake.
• Report all security incidents to the Security Manager.
• Taking view and suggestions of the company security officers into consideration while making amendments to the lake security plan.
• Help lake-based security teams ensure the safeguarding of all lake-based assets.
• Ensure that lake security equipment is properly operated, tested and maintained like all security vessels and motors.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Be able to adapt and operate in harsh weather conditions.
• Computer Skills.
• Industry Related Knowledge.
• Analytical Thinking.
• Attention to Detail.
● Min of 8 – 12 years Navy Experience
● Skippers License
● Advanced Diving Certification
● Location: Homa Bay, Kenya
● Status: Full time
● Benefits included
● Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Please send a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications.