The goal of this position is to develop effective market penetration and expansion strategies aiming at achieving growth in the seeds department. He/she should have at least 5 years’ experience in the Seed industry, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales and marketing role. The candidate must be computer literate, have a valid driving license, have a willingness to travel widely, and have the ability to lead a team.
• Responsible for demand creation of seeds in existing and new markets.
• Develop and implement proper framework for seeds, ground activation aiming at optimizing the company’s market share for the product portfolio.
• Prepare growth strategy with commercial team for different regions based on market opportunities for available crop portfolio.
• Maintain and deepen relationships and partnerships with key customers including institutions, NGO’s, plant raisers and export farms.
• Map potential customers, partners and leads for the organization to generate new opportunities for the business.
• Work on timely implementation of campaigns and other marketing activities aligned with the season.
• Continually assess marketing techniques and their efficacy and contribution to sales in collaboration with the sales team.
• Close coordination with the product development manager on market challenges and gaps to be filled.
• Create marketing and training materials in collaboration with the marketing team.
• Keep abreast and report competitor activities, market trends/shifts and prepare strategies to curb competition and adjust to new trends.
• Be able to handle customer complaints.
• Product promotion functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/Horticulture or any other related field.
• Master’s degree is preferred.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Evidence of ability to innovate and implement change successfully.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 12th February 2022.
We endeavor to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***