You will have a strong grasp of communications and experience of creating content across a variety of mediums and platforms. You will be responsible for:
• Creating compelling and creative content for Asal and its projects by translating our research, data or technical knowledge into digital and social content that attracts and engages target audiences.
• Create, curate, and manage content;
• Provide quality control and ensure all outputs are brand aligned and strategically communicate Asal’s messaging;
• Design and implement a communications strategy to increase business and project impact:
• Systematically grow Asal’s digital community and deepen engagement across all platforms.
• Developing and implement cross-platform social media and digital communications strategies and support leadership to make informed decisions regarding digital strategy
• Establish and implement standard operating procedures, for collection and organization of information, knowledge, and experience from Asal’s project;
• Provide guidance and training to Asal staff to help them create engaging content;
• Work with Asal team to produce thought leadership articles.
Website & Social Media Channels
• You will be responsible for the creation, management and editing of web content;
• Continually improve Asal’s website to influence and raise awareness of our work;
• Provide recommendation on increasing traffic, improve content and increase engagement based on analytics’;
• On a day-to-day basis produce content to keep social media up to date (including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube);
• Monitor and moderate social media channels.
Qualifications & Experience
• Required: Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or public relations. Preferred: Master's Degree in a relevant field of study;
• You must have a minimum two years' experience in the Communications field including in content creation;
• Excellent knowledge of social media marketing and content creation;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with ability to articulate complex ideas;
• Experience in using Adobe Creative suite;
• Experience of working on web development projects;
• Some graphic design including the use of color, design, and drawing would be desirable.
• Excellent communication and management skills to work with different teams
• Very strong writing skills to be able to construct high quality, complex narratives and convey complex ideas simply and clearly.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Willingness to travel to meet business needs
Salary KES 80,000 – 100,000 Gross dependent on experience