Job Summary for a Marketing Executive
The incumbent will be responsible for Marketing and sourcing for the Organization.
Job Description and Requirement
• overseeing the digital marketing activities of a business organization.
• He/she is a specialist in digital marketing, with a job description that entails managing the analytical team of the organization.
• He/she oversees the online and digital techniques undertaken by the organization, with all digital analytical plans beginning and ending on his/her desk.
• The digital marketing executive’s role also involves lead conversion, brand building, communication, and lead qualification.
• It also involves promoting the online image of the organization in order to improve on profit making.
• The work description of the digital marketing executive also entails the execution of campaigns and marketing projects.
• He/she is involved in impact analysis, digital performance measurement, and various media campaigns of the organization.
• He/she oversees the collateral distribution, creation and ideation activities of the organization.
• He/she also attends to the search engine optimization activities of the company and must stick to SEO on continuous basis since this is the secret to Internet marketing dominance.
• Other duties and responsibilities of the digital marketing executive include carrying out social media marketing functions for his/her company where he/she is expected to bring his/her experience to bear on the execution of the company’s social media efforts.
• The executive should be able to create and implement online marketing campaigns based on email and SMS.
• The organization usually depends on him/her to review its website and to also undertake active management of all online assets.
• The individual who works in this role should have passion for attaining new heights and learning new ways of marketing his/her company’s business online.
• Deadlines are usually attached to many of the digital marketing tasks and the executive should therefore be able to deliver on deadline.
• The digital marketing executive needs to possess very strong online marketing skills and should be able to carry out copywriting and social media marketing.
• Additionally, he/she should have good understanding of branding to improve on the perspectives of the general public on his/her company’s image.
• The executive should be goal oriented and be a good communicator. While he/she may be the most senior staff member in the digital marketing department, he/she should still be able to carry every other member of staff in that department along.
• He/she should be a team leader and provide a helping hand to other members of staff in performing assigned duties; this encourages lower ranking staff and improves on their job performance.
• Some organizations do provide training to their digital marketing executives upon employment, where, in addition to other things, they are properly informed about what obtains in the digital marketing field.
• Needless to say, the digital marketing executive should be aware of latest developments in the industry and should be Internet savvy to understand latest trends in online marketing.
• He/she should know how to engage various social media outlets, like Facebook and Pinterest to promote the business goals of his/her company.
• Diploma/Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related field from a recognized university.
• Minimum 3 years experience in Sales.
• Excellent planning, organizing and customer handling skills. Must be a relationship builder.
• Team working skills, assertive and flexible.
• Able to communicate fluently in English and Kiswahili
• Ability to work under a high-pressure environment
• Prior experience working in the real estate industry is an added advantage