Only applications received via BrighterMonday platform will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
DIVISION: Head Office
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
SUPERVISES: Online Content Editor, Marketing Assistant
Responsible for all aspects of marketing, including; planning, advertising, promotion, public/media relations, product development, distribution, sponsorship, institutional marketing and research to enable the development of Innscor Kenya's position.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ INDICATORS OF GOOD PERFORMANCE
• Achieve the set profitability standards
• Process and analyze information when scheduling and budgeting.
• Produce quarterly and annual marketing budgets for the company
• Direct Savings on all marketing overheads by 10% on quarterly budget
• New Revenue Streams to be investigated and implemented
• Generate a minimum of 20% increment in normal sales and a subsequent increase on trading profit
• 25% growth per quarter in corporate customer portfolio.
• Two major campaigns per quarter that yield a minimum of 30% increment in normal sales and subsequent in trading profit
• Increase communication channels that yield an increase of 20% in normal sales per brand
• Timely production of newsletters and other marketing materials
• Monitor systems and procedures to ensure that quality advertising either outdoor or indoor are produced in accordance to set standards.
• Ensure that all employees are informed about the newly launched products in the market by following the set customer care standards so as to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Ability to bring out well researched recommendations or actions on how best to improve and maintain marketing standards.
• Effectiveness and thoroughness of evaluations in advertising as evidenced by the results taken in all the complexes.
• Ability to set consistent advertising and operational rules and procedures
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i) Vision, mission and core values
Exemplify the vision, mission and core values of the organization.
ii) Financials; budget and targets
• In close liaison with the Managing Director prepare the annual sales and marketing budget. In addition, review and evaluate all brand requests and items in the proposed budget including expenditures.
• Submit the proposed budget to the Managing Director together with a written report and recommendations which shall be based on Innscors' policy direction, revenue projections and targets, proposed goals and objectives
• Forecast short-term and long-term marketing requirements and obligations in order to maintain adequate finances
• Compile and analyse all brand marketing budgets and submit the same to the Managing Director for review
• Manage the departmental overheads and marketing activities' budgets
iii) Marketing and business development
Manage and coordinate the development and production of marketing materials, including billboards, menu booklets, leaflets, posters, flyers, packaging materials and marketing pieces for print, internet, television and radio. This also involves writing and proofreading copy, and liaising with designers and printers Arranging for the effective distribution of marketing materials.
• Preparation of displays, equipment and marketing media: design, edit, proofread, print, package media and equipment.
• Coordinate event schedule.
• Prepare Event Agenda, Invitations, Registration Forms and Payments/Refunds tracking for Customer events.
• Organize and attend events and exhibitions relevant to Innscor business
• Manage and track the expenses for each event. Ensure the budget is managed properly
Marketing Plans and Promotional Strategies
• Assists in the development of promotional strategies and product development e.g. packaging
• Contribute to long-term marketing plans and strategies
• Evaluate marketing campaigns
• Organize for product launches or new outlet launches
• Work across brands and functions to help develop and deliver value as the brand promises
• Develop and execute marketing plans for all fast food brands and the service departments, additionally carry out Marketing Program Evaluation by providing thought-leadership in assessing the effectiveness of the marketing spend by campaign and by program element.
• Marketing Alliances/Co-branding: create and leverage external partnerships with other consumer brands to generate awareness
• Develop press kits and giveaways for trade shows and conferences
• Prepare Press Releases and Event Announcements Responsible for Media and Marketing Event Budgets Maintain and build contacts with the media Write and distribute press releases. Prepare photo shoots.
• Serve as the liaison between Innscor Kenya and the advertising agencies, freelance talent, print suppliers, and other marketing services.
• Develop advertising opportunities, which can involve placing adverts in national, regional and specialist publications, or on the radio (depending on the organization and the campaign)
• Research on and purchase target advertising in all media for mass and nice markets depending on the product
• Secure sponsorship to assist with the publicity and funding of marketing projects
Customer Relationship Management
• Generate form letters for mass brochure mailings to prospective customers, including thank you letters.
• Validate and fulfill Requests for Innscors' Marketing Information e.g. the D-A-D menu booklets. Track requests & mailings.
• Liaise and build relationships with a range of stakeholders, e.g. customers, suppliers, colleagues
• Maintain and update mailing databases
• Schedule meetings with key customers in regards to the products and service
• Analyze and report identified faults in customer satisfaction
• Develop mitigation programs when gross deviation from product or service quality occurs care packages for customers that embark on long-term projects. Complimentary for long-term supporters
• Carry out market research and customer surveys to assess customer satisfaction, product demand, brand positioning and awareness Monitor com petitor activity
• Research new market opportunities
• Develop procedures for E-marketing /lnternet marketing services /Mobile phone marketing for customers
• Ensure timely update of the company website and intranet
• Create awareness for existing and new sites.
• Gather and collate all contents and relevant photos for the newsletter and ensure timely production of the same
• Update company news and headlines in the corporate website
• Compliance and Mystery shopper trend analyses per brand and complex for purposes of reward and improvement
• Analyze all promotions. Assist in setting targets for any promotions Arrange for all in-house awarding sessions
• Provide status reports to management on overall sales and marketing activities
In close liaison with the MD, provide administrative and personal support to the Managing Director by preparing agendas & appointments related to marketing function
• Liaise and build relationships with suppliers and get the most competitive price for supplies.
• In close liaison with the financil accountant establish pricing structures and payment options that results in profitable transactions
iv) Staff management, development and interaction
• Some degree of discretion may be required when dealing with advertising.
• Exercise discretion in handling important matters as the need may be all in the interest of the organization
• Act independently within broad strategic objectives
• Independent judgment may be used to increase efficiencies in the marketing dept e.g. instead of using the regular media for advertising, target niche markets
• Must refer and consult with the MD before decisions that have a major marketing, financial and publicity impact on the organization are concluded.
• Decisions made should be within the organizations policies, operating framework and best practices
• Fully accountable for all marketing management related decisions
This job description is meant to be only a representative summary of the duties and responsibilities performed by the jobholder. The jobholder may however be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description. The jobholder is expected to perform in a manner consistent with the values and philosophy of Simbisa Brands Kenya Limited.