Arifu is looking to hire a creative and independent Marketing Manager to lead the realization of the Arifu brand and vision. Your role will be that of the digital content creator, storyteller, social media guru, and website curator of the Arifu brand and vision. The candidate must be both a designer and a strategist that is interested in growing a company.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer.
Our product is a smart chatbot making it possible for anyone to access the information and opportunities they need from the organizations they trust over any mobile phone. With Arifu, people seeking to learn can freely chat with Arifu using interactive SMS or smartphone chat apps to master new skills, discover a world of free educational content, and earn rewards from our partners whether or not they have internet or airtime. The Arifu chatbot delivers personalized content designed in-house in close collaboration with our partners such as financial service providers, mobile operators, agribusinesses and NGOs. Our partners use Arifu to engage, train, and capture data on mass markets and hard-to-reach people across their value chains, especially low-income customers and informal retailers and suppliers.
Arifu reached over 1.3m users in 2019 with a rapidly growing active user base. Currently serving over 1,000,000 learners in Africa together with clients such as Mastercard, Safaricom, KCB, and the UN, Arifu has demonstrated results increasing people’s income and access to impactful products and services while creating shared value for partners.
The Marketing Manager’s work plan will be guided by the strategy and needs of the Business Development team. You will be given the creative autonomy to create the pictures, videos, blogs, websites, and presentations that will be used across multiple channels to engage our partners, potential recruits, and learners.
Your responsibilities would include:
● Creating/designing compelling marketing materials from various medias including pictures, videos, and infographics
● Managing the upkeep of the newsletter, blog, outgoing marketing emails, website, social media, and presentation collateral such as pitch deck, 1-pagers, and proposals
● Use of Hubspot marketing tool to measure success of campaigns
● Management and development of marketing budget strategy to generate new leads and push new products into the market
● Using various software to create graphics for presentations and promotional material;
● Standardizing our brand across all outlets
● Collaborating and brainstorming with various teams to inform the marketing strategy.
A desire to impact lives and exceptional problem solving abilities are all essential prerequisites on the Arifu team. For this role, we’re also looking for someone with the following:
● Marketing/Communications degree or related field required;
● A strong design portfolio
● 4+ years of professional marketing and content creation experience required;
● Experience and strong command of CSS, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and video editing software;
● Compelling storyteller that translates into words, pictures, videos, blogs, and social media;
● Strong proficiency in website design is required;
● Professional video editing experience is a bonus;
● Understanding and vision to create social media campaigns;
● Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills to exercise independent judgment and decision making;
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, resource-constrained, early stage work environment;
● Fluency in English required
Compensation and Benefits:
First and foremost, we care about your success. This is because investment in our team members is the only driver of Arifu’s success. We offer competitive compensation packages including participation in the Arifu Rewards Program. We also offer a comprehensive health insurance package. Other benefits include monthly airtime allowance, monthly phone credit, and remote work support and management tools, and plenty of online and offline extra-curricular activities.
Send your CV (in Word format, “FirstName LastName - Marketing”) and portfolio with “Marketing Manager" in the subject. We’d love to see your work, so please send at least 2 examples from your portfolio. If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up a first conversation.